• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my M109.. And the fun begins

CMXterra

So the first thing was to replace/ upgrade the floor. The original floor was not too bad considering but if I am going to convince the wife unit that this is an acceptable camping platform I had to step it up.

Found some inexpensive oak hardwood on craigslist.

There was also some repainting going on.

Attachments

Last edited:

CMXterra

Next was to reseal the roof.

There was also a spot on the van side that required a patch to be made to cover it up.

Also I had to repair one of the windows on the passenger side of the van. It had begun to come apart. It was easy enough to repair and now the van is sealed up from the elements.

Attachments

CMXterra

Mind you all that you see above was done over the course of one week while I had it here at the house. (any longer and the wife unit would have killed me I think)

There are a few other little tweeks I have done such as paint the wheels and do some rust prevention and clean up.

Now I am searching for the components that I am going to put in the back.

Right now I am looking at a bunk bed, counter top with a sink and cooktop and cabinets.

Other plans are to put a couple hundred watts of solar on the roof and put a battery bank in. Microwave, Small fridge and more storage.

Attachments

wsucougarx

Thanks for the advice. I will check them before I get too far into the outfitting
I was amazed at how much water my truck had. I had no hole s in the roof. Had no rust on the van. I just decided to take a look at the condition of the insulation. I was a bit surprised to say the least. Im thinking the water leaked in thru the panel joints. I figured Id be ok with an '88 built truck....not so much

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like your project but I LOVE the fact that you used an ultra wide angle lens (fisheye) to shoot the interior and the floors are awesome.

CMXterra

thanks tor the kudos. It is really fun working on it. Come spring I plan on doing some painting and replacing all the cab seals. If I get the funds I want to do some tire upgrades.

Also on the list to do is install a ham radio or two.

3dAngus

Nice cabinets. I'm not in my M109 right now, and it might be obvious, but how did you find the studs to mount the tv mount to the wall?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks