• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my M109.. And the fun begins

CMXterra

Got some more work done.

This is all coming off.

Pioneer kit off

Drop the spare

Area clear

First bracket going on. And let me tell you. PITA. There are air tanks and wiring behind that frame rail so extra caution was had drilling the holes.

Second bracket going on

Using new fasteners did make it easier. This is as far as I have gotten on the spare tank. I have one other little thing I need to do. Relocate the parking brake cable so that the tank does not hit it.

So while taking a brake from that I moved on to something easier.

Here you see the stock position of the air intake.

New 90deg bend to get it up and away from the fender.

Mushroom back on the intake

Another view

I will see if I am motivated enough to get that brake cable moved later today. Or wait till it is back out of the 50's to work on it.

Attachments

CMXterra

Tires are on.

You can see how taller they are here.

Getting there

Again you can see the height difference

Last set of duals about to go on

Happy truck with new shoes

Driving on radials rather than bias tires feels way different. Turning at slow speeds is about the same but these tires do not whip the steering wheel around when you let go of it. And of course my top speed is now almost 60 MPH. Now I just need a good snow to really get a feel for how much better the traction will be.

Edit: Big Thanks to Scott for getting this done.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks