• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got rear ended, totaled, parting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

If your parting out, Shoot me a price on the PTO, Linkage, and the drive line.

Glad your all good, Amazing the frame bent like that.

Flyingvan911

I'm glad everyone was ok. The van driver should be glad to be alive. Sorry about your deuce. If it was a civi I bet you'd be in the hospital or worse.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was in Korea in 1994 I was in a M925 Cargo truck coming back from taking chow to the range.

We (the cook and I) were stopped at a one lane bridge waiting on some Korean dump trucks to pass. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw a deuce with a Water Buffalo in a slide headed toward us. Before I could yell "hold on" he hit us.

I was standing on the brakes and he knocked us 30 feet (MP's measured the skid marks). Since we had super singles on the 5 ton he went under us, lifting the back of our truck up. The deuce was totaled.....I touched up the bumperetts of my truck up with a can of OD green later.

When I got back the Platoon Sgt. made us go to the hospital even though I told him I was fine. The next day I felt like I had been hit by a truck (DUH!!!) and I had damage to a couple of my vertebrae. The doc said if we had not had our Kevlars on it would prob have snapped our necks (the helments hit the hardtop and kept our necks from gong back any further).

Bottom line.....go to the doc and have the accident documented....it can help if you have problems later on.

Make his insurance buy you a 900 series 5 tonto replace the deuce...they are cheap now and present a much bigger target.

Just my 2cents.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you are okay. Anytime someone is in an accident like that let them take you to the hospital to get checked out. You never know what you will find out. When some dipwad hit the front of my car at approx 65 I went in and found out I had two fused vertebrae in my neck. Doc said I was born that way.

hklvette

That sure looks like it put a hurtin' on somebody. Glad that you are okay. You are sure that your stop/turns were active and working, right? I know that it can be easy to forget to turn them on if you're in a hurry.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if it gets totaled, the truck will belong to the insurance company. You can buy it back from them. You don't need to do anything until it is all settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks