• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got the rifle holder mounted today

TheOxman

Very nice Oxman. I hadn't even thought about optics but looks like yours are not hitting anything. I only tried my plain-jane rifles so far. Good to see!
The only problem I've found is with my M4s. If the stock isn't fully extended, the arm grabs the barrel, not the hand guards, and the rifle isn't very secure.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are looking for non-firing weapons to use as decorations, look at the airsoft guns available now. The main reason for us in gun-friendly states using them is the cost, for y'all in unfriendly states, it may be the only acceptable way to go.

I bought a really nice airsoft M60 MG for less than $400. Looks very much like the real gun (and I used to be an M60 gunner). Only weighs about 14#, but that is not a bad thing! When you are looking for three of them, like Quonsethut was for his gun truck, cost is a big issue.

I also needed an M79 for the V100, got a realistic one of those for about $150. That one (CAW) was on sale, I think they are usually something like $240, metal frame and wood furniture. There is a less expensive all PVC version too.

Both came from AirsoftGI.com They have some really nice looking M14s, and just about any other military rifle/pistol you can think of.

Cheers
:ditto: I too have the Vietnam M60 MG which I got on sale for $300. Its real metal, tray opens, and everything is absolutely stunning. A retired marine at an airsoft game had one too, he was so proud of his "Pig" that he "battle field commissioned" mine with a real belt of blanks.

Can the M60 fit the gun holder? I'd be interested in one.

Bill W

Put a rack back in my deuce also only I made sure carbine would fit before drilling holes even though its a little outdated for the deuce

Attachments

rlwm211

I bought my rifle mount kit on EBAY. I use it when I am travelling to the mountains to carry the rifles. Typically I carry an M1 CARBINE and a Ruger 10/22. If you look quick, they both look like M1's. If I am going to be in and out of the truck, I do lock them to the bracket with a couple of cable locks. There are too many idiots running around to even think of trusting anyone.
I lock the ammo in the S280 shelter in back.

Pictures after Gilbert

RL

Heavysteven

Looks nice, I would be hard pressed to give the space though.

Any other place to mount? What about small hand guns? Is there a kit for pistols?

I wonder if it would hold my browning semi auto shot gun.

JCKnife

I would not try to hang a loaded pistol in this rig. Anyway that's what holsters are for.

The space really isn't too bad, but then again my most frequent passenger is 9 years old.

Not like I'm going to leave the rifles in there all the time, though.

Aswayze

You guys are TOTALLY missing the point of the rifle mount....

Nevermind rifles, you don't need those too often.

Coffee cups! That's what the rifle mount carrys. You can wedge a gas station coffee cup between the rifle mount and the dash and they stay there nice and solid even when you are bashing around off road. The "plain" side of the mount that faces the driver is a ducky place to stick an Alice compass pouch to drop your cell phone into as well as all the Rolaids you'll need since you get to drink your coffee now instead of just mopping it up off the floor.

I LOVE my rifle mount.

Oh ya, you can carry rifles with it too...

Heavysteven

You guys are TOTALLY missing the point of the rifle mount....

Nevermind rifles, you don't need those too often.

Coffee cups! That's what the rifle mount carrys. You can wedge a gas station coffee cup between the rifle mount and the dash and they stay there nice and solid even when you are bashing around off road. The "plain" side of the mount that faces the driver is a ducky place to stick an Alice compass pouch to drop your cell phone into as well as all the Rolaids you'll need since you get to drink your coffee now instead of just mopping it up off the floor.

I LOVE my rifle mount.

Oh ya, you can carry rifles with it too...
Now I have to buy one

Billy Bobbed

I installed my new rifle holder,an easy install.But I didnt like the floor mounts the way the instructions showed to put them,the gun clip will hit the passengers leg badly.You can take the clip out and the rifle is still in the way[the clip is in backwards].So I straightened the angle of the floor mounts so the clip is towards the back.This made more passenger leg room.I'm going to run a cable threw the triggers to the dash and a lock to hopefully keep them from being stolen[M16 and M4 BB's].

Attachments

Last edited: