• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gotta paint that stop handle red!

JCKnife

Always feared I would do this and today it finally happened...yanked on the throttle instead of the kill lever when I meant to shut her down. Fortunately got it pushed back in before the revs got too high, but it sure woke me up.

steelandcanvas

I've done the same thing but got the rpm's back down before she started spittin' parts out. I thought the stop handles all came red from the factory, before the motorpool re-paint.

Tackettr

There are 3 types of people on this:

1. Those who have done it. Me :oops:
2. Those who will.
3. Those who say they haven't done it. :p

Last edited:

unclemikey

Done that a pile of times. Never any revs that ever hurt anything, just really gets me mad at me. aua Going to relocate the throttle handle to other side of stearing wheel. If I were to do it then, I just go out into the woods and shoot myself.

nk14zp

Always feared I would do this and today it finally happened...yanked on the throttle instead of the kill lever when I meant to shut her down. Fortunately got it pushed back in before the revs got too high, but it sure woke me up.
If your governor is working properly it can't over rev.

Yup, I did that one night, tired, dark, reach for the cable *engine screams up to 2k full whistle* promptly laid a gold brick in my seat and pushed it back in.

Haven't done it since, if it's dark, I either move slow, or turn on my "idiot light" that I put in on the recovery, a magnetic light pointed at the "do not exceed" speed placard for when down shifting was difficult for me.

Everyone either has done it, or just hasn't yet. There is no "I'll never do that"

Even if you move it ;-) one night you will

Last edited: