• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov planet 803a price.

AlexV

Has anyone won recently? This is my first time trying to win one. I put a bid in on 3 of them and got out bid already on two. There in Georgia. I got a shipping quote so I know what my max bid will be. They have very low hours. There in the 20 hour range and none have been reset. What do you guys think a winning number would be?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all the storms this year you can probably buy on from a private party cheaper than auction right now .
Search past auctions and look at the prices. Just because it's a low hour unit doesn't mean it isn't junk .

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Auction prices are way up!
Some sold last auction for crazy prices.
I’m in the market for one myself.

As already mentioned, buying from a private seller will almost certainly be cheaper.

csheath

You can look at previous sales and get an idea of what they are going for.
Never noticed that SOLD tab. Holy Smokes!!!

Also looks like GP now has ALL the MEPs. Use to they just had the trailered units and GL had the skids.

All I can say is I'm glad I got mine when I did. Some of those are going for over the price of a BRAND NEW Perkins Diesel Generator with modern controls.

robson1015

Never noticed that SOLD tab. Holy Smokes!!!

Also looks like GP now has ALL the MEPs. Use to they just had the trailered units and GL had the skids.

All I can say is I'm glad I got mine when I did. Some of those are going for over the price of a BRAND NEW Perkins Diesel Generator with modern controls.
Same here - way out of my price range now...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought one in June for $1,800. It was a recent reset with like 60 hours on it. It came on the newer HMMWV generator trailer. While mine was fairly cheap, a friend got one of the two generator set ups (generators with fewer than 10 hours on each) for $2,800! Then, a single generator on the same sale brought $3,400. My advice would be don't get stuck on a single generator on a single sale. Just watch and wait. It may take a while, but you'll get something. Also, don't be afraid to grab a generator with some hours on it. The same guy who got the two generator set up got a high hour single generator on a trailer for reasonable money. It runs well and works perfectly.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone won recently? This is my first time trying to win one. I put a bid in on 3 of them and got out bid already on two. There in Georgia. I got a shipping quote so I know what my max bid will be. They have very low hours. There in the 20 hour range and none have been reset. What do you guys think a winning number would be?
Howdy,
Read and be informed.
Review and study any and all pictures of the unit. Personal inspection is really great. Make sure you look at what model it is. You do not want a MEP-813A 400Hz generator.

A MEP-8xx without a exhaust flap is looking for trouble. Can be cheap, but could cost lots to get running. Any unit remotely close to the south is going for big bucks right now.

The 10kw and smaller has 120/240 single phase. Larger units 15kw+ are 3 phase only.

You are already ahead of the curve. You are a member here. :)

Bmxenbrett

I have had two 802a for sale for about 7months now. I havnt raised the price at all, just saying. If your local PM me.

dav5

The recent selling prices are ridiculous. A 6 hour 803A on Govplanet sold for $7500. This is for an untested unit that could turn out to be a boat anchor. Less than a year ago I won a comparable unit for Just over $2000. I wouldn't even bid for at least 6 months until the natural disaster panic subsides.

Firebrand

Yes, pries on GP have skyrocketed since the storm season has kicked in and boosted peoples' needs. My purchase last November is now running about 50% less than comparable units. I've been tracking them for a neighbor who just has to have one like mine but is not in a rush. Kinda ridiculous to chance it right now unless you 'have to have one' right now. Even still, could be an anchor. And watch out as the listings from GA on GP had several listings for skid mounted -803As when review of the listings showed them to actually be -831A machines. They did eventually correct the listings but buyer beware!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really? I wish these people could get their act together. Whether its GP, GL, etc... details are details. Of course they love to legally absolve themselves by contract with their legalese about not being responsible for typographical errors, site evaluations, etc. I hope folks willing to pay these prices are REALLY looking at the details. I sold my mint 803A over the weekend to a chap who had been following the auctions lately... so he got a great deal compared to what these untested units are going for!

Ray70

I hear ya... I sold 5 of mine in the past month, all 100% tested, serviced ready to go. Now I'm having trouble winning a single auction to buy a replacement gen for myself! By the time I buy it, pay the fees and get it to my house, I'll be into it for more than I sold the good ones on trailers for!
Busted up, damaged and non-runners are selling for way more :cookoo: than I paid for any of the clean low hour units I had.
I guess the only solution is to be patient and wait until the right machine comes along and prices come back to reality.

1800 Diesel

The crazyness continues! I watched three 803As close this past Wednesday (Georgia) --the "cheap one" was $4650 & the other two went for $6000 & $6200. All three skid units. There were several others that went for similar prices but I didn't actually see the closings.

I have a theory--there's a group of buyers that if they see the government price paid sticker on the unit they decide any price they end up paying less than that amount is a bargain, hence the high dollar selling prices....

Ray70

Dunno... I know some of the Islands are expected to be without power for up to a year because their entire electrical infrastructure was demolished. Being that GA is the closest to the Florida ports, I bet the high dollar units in GA are being shipped places in the USVI. GA also has mostly low hour, clean units without trailers ( easier and cheaper to ship ) Just my 2centstheory!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks