• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov Planet zero accountability

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a vehicle with a clean SF97 and I chose the the title option after speaking to the titling department at GP. I asked at least 3 different people if I will have a normal on road title and not an Off Highway title and I was assured that it would be like a normal title. I open my FedEx envelope and start looking it over and it clearly says OFF HIGHWAY VE. I am sick to my stomach because I could have taken my clean SF97 and got a clean on road title in Nevada. I’m mad as hell and GP said they are sorry but there is nothing they can do about it! This is total BS! I was told all the titles are Off Highway.
Has anyone registered a title like this and what did you have to do. image.jpg

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Step 1) go to DMV local to you and try to register normally. Do not allow them to give you anything but normal registration. If they don't want to, take the paperwork you currently have and depart.

Subsequent steps-

Go to a state that doesn't require residency as a condition of titling/registration. Have them issue you a title and registration.

Repeat step 1 with the new documentation, preferably at a different DMV.

The end result is that you end up with title and registration in the state you live in.

You've committed no fraud. You've made no false statements anywhere. This isn't "going around" any laws.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Step 1) go to DMV local to you and try to register normally. Do not allow them to give you anything but normal registration. If they don't want to, take the paperwork you currently have and depart.

Subsequent steps-

Go to a state that doesn't require residency as a condition of titling/registration. Have them issue you a title and registration.

Repeat step 1 with the new documentation, preferably at a different DMV.

The end result is that you end up with title and registration in the state you live in.

You've committed no fraud. You've made no false statements anywhere. This isn't "going around" any laws.
Gov Planet flat out lied to me. I’m trying to regroup and figure out how to move forward. I like your suggestions and that might be the ticket

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just talked to Dirt Legal and they said they can do it for 595 to 995
That would give me plates and a normal title. What a mess

M1165A1

Yes what a hassle. You can sue govplanet for misrepresentation, if the auction ad said that the vehicle sold with a clean title. Unfortunately when you read the legal fine print you'll need to sue them in some bumblespit town in Washington State, so good luck with that. So pay to wash the title and be done with it.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone else had this problem with GP for an auction that stated "this item sells with a clean SF97"?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone else had this problem with GP for an auction that stated "this item sells with a clean SF97"?
That’s what kills me. I could’ve got a clean SF97 but I thought a normal title option would be better. It would be different if I was told it would be an OFF Highway title. Why would anyone pay xtra for a OH title. Maria the head of the title department said they are all Off Highway titles and she also said that it doesn’t say that anywhere on the site. Their own employees don’t even know it and they are telling people they are normal titles! I will not get the title option on my next one. I feel bad because I told people to get the title based on the lies I was told.

Last edited:

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank god I cancelled my title with them and just went the sf97 path. I set up a corporation in Montana for my truck. Still waiting for the final paperwork.
It’s going to cost me 995.00 to have Dirt Legal fix it for me and that will give me plates and a normal title.What an expensive learning experience. I’m glad you were able to cancel yours.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a link to the original sale listing? Im curious...

Reactions: 98G

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me too. Folks have bern getting titles from GP for a while. This is thr first off road title i have heard about.
I sure would like to know how many have gotten titles recently and what they say on them. This is a big deal when I could have had a clean SF97 and I pay xtra for a Off Highway title… who would ever buy a title from GP if they disclosed it. Even worse that I was told it will be a normal on road title!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your title doesnt state it is for off highway use. “Off highway ve” is the model of the truck.
I would really like you to explain what the difference is. I would really appreciate it. Under style it says OH and I’m assuming that stands for Off Highway. You have any idea what the DMV would think it is? Would I be able to get on road title? I understand that you are not the DMV but you seem to have an idea about it. Thank you for your help image.jpg

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
post title picture, black out whatever you want.. im iterested in full context.. You might be reading it wrong like Action stated..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks