• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov Planet zero accountability

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ad clearly says “clean SF97 “
Did you also get an SF97? If so, what does it state? Question is: How does a "clean SF97" from GovPlanet produce a OH Title?
I purchased a vehicle back in Nov and also requested a title. I assumed and never thought to ask if a "clean SF97" guaranteed a "clean Title". Everything that I had been reading led me to believe that the Title option was the most advantageous route to go. After seeing this thread, I quickly called and canceled that request and opted for the "clean SF97" along with a notarized Bill of Sale.
Hope you can get this sorted out easily.

Action

The make and model on the title are...
AM General
Off Highway Ve

so, if you got an sf97 without a title, wouldn’t the make and model still be AM General Off Highway Ve ?

Action

Just tell the DMV that it means the vehicle is capable off going off road.
It is an off highway vehicle, notvan off highway only title.
Say AMG has another model called “street queen”.

Reactions: 98G

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you also get an SF97? If so, what does it state? Question is: How does a "clean SF97" from GovPlanet produce a OH Title?
I purchased a vehicle back in Nov and also requested a title. I assumed and never thought to ask if a "clean SF97" guaranteed a "clean Title". Everything that I had been reading led me to believe that the Title option was the most advantageous route to go. After seeing this thread, I quickly called and canceled that request and opted for the "clean SF97" along with a notarized Bill of Sale.
Hope you can get this sorted out easily.
They send the SF97 form off to get the title.

MattNC

Knowing the DMV staff are over stressed, overworked and their only real power play is to ruin the day of people that give them an attitude I approach these things with caution. Play really nice, thank them for the chance to talk to them, compliment their hair, whatever you can to start off right. Then pass over the title and say you’d like to pay the fees as they request and get a standard in state title for your AM General SUV. Answer questions as simple as possible with a smile and don’t volunteer info or ask what does OH mean. They lady who helped me a few years ago seemed tired but happy I was pleasant and helped me out with minimal questions. She even put in the tax value just to what the final bid was without any further questions. My 998 has a tax value of $4k!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the GP explanation of the SF97, nowhere does it say you will be entitled to an on road title, in fact it says "off road use"

I am not trying to be an A$$ but in the end ONLY what is in print means anything at all,, the rest is assumption, and you know assume makes an ASS out of U and ME

If you can find anything on their site defining "clean SF97" as documentation that will entitle you to an on road title then you have a case.

SF97s for Government Surplus Vehicles
IronPlanet is now able to provide Form SF97s for off-road use of Humvees as well as select government surplus vehicles and trailers. When you buy a Humvee at auction, you'll now be able to choose to receive a Bill of Sale or a Form SF97 during Checkout.
What is Form SF97?
Form SF97 is a U.S. government-issued certificate that can be used to obtain a title for a vehicle. This form can be taken to your local titling agency.
Here’s How It Works
  1. Bid for and buy a Humvee or other qualifying item
  2. During Checkout, select from the following titling options:
    1. Bill of Sale: $25, formal receipt of purchase
    2. SF97: $50, U.S. government Certificate to Obtain Title for a Vehicle*
  3. Complete Checkout and make payment in full, then if applicable, apply for an End-User Certificate (EUC) within seven business days of the date of sale.
  4. If your purchase requires an EUC, your request will be processed once your EUC has been approved. Please read important timing information below.
Timing
  • EUC: The EUC process, required for class-restricted government surplus equipment, is handled by the U.S. Government’s Trade Security Control (TSC) Office. We will provide you with the application, but once the form is submitted, processing time can vary and is not under our control. See Terms & Conditions. In our experience, the approval process can take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks.
  • Bill of Sale: available within five business days.
  • SF97: Timing on issuance of SF97s will vary, depending on EUC processing time (if applicable) and volume of SF97 requests submitted to the DLA. Typically, buyers will receive their SF97 within 30 business days of EUC approval, though it can take up to 60 business days.
* Please check with your local titling agency and DMV before completing checkout. Florida, among a few other states, are not issuing vehicle titles for HMMWV buyers with SF97s.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The make and model on the title are...
AM General
Off Highway Ve

so, if you got an sf97 without a title, wouldn’t the make and model still be AM General Off Highway Ve ?
I don’t know? I have never seen one other than that sample I posted

revhrd

One more piece of information that may help your case. I think it was two years ago when I went through the process. At this point, dmv was aware of individuals attempting to circumvent the off road use. They knew the whole out of state title method. This came up with a conversation I had with one of the seasoned dmv employees. He also mentioned that they were in the process of being more flexible in the process and allowing the on-road registration of hmmw vehicles, regardless of SF97 or out of state title.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Montana titles have ALWAYS been OH title, I’ve had probably 25-30 of them, they than changed to utah, just out of the blue, that lasted for a year or so, then about 6mos or so ago, maybe longer, Montana started to show up Again.
My last one had. style :OH , same as all of Montana titles I’ve received , but never stating “off-road use” only spelled out.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Montana titles have ALWAYS been OH title, I’ve had probably 25-30 of them, they than changed to utah, just out of the blue, that lasted for a year or so, then about 6mos or so ago, maybe longer, Montana started to show up Again.
My last one had. style :OH , same as all of Montana titles I’ve received , but never stating “off-road use” only spelled out.
So have you been able to get them registered or do you know anyone that has? I don’t know what to expect from Nevada DMV. Under MODEL mine says “OFF Highway Ve”
That’s what I’m concerned about.
What I mean by Registered is like a normal vehicle for the road.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So have you been able to get them registered or do you know anyone that has? I don’t know what to expect from Nevada DMV. Under MODEL mine says “OFF Highway Ve”
That’s what I’m concerned about.
What I mean by Registered is like a normal vehicle for the road.
I don’t register them, I sell them and export them, but no one has ever come back and said they couldn’t ’.
i would just call them or go to your DMV office, many states don’t care about the “off Hwy“ crap, many states vehicles can have dual use, on and off road, if it passes an inspection for road use, it’s registered for road use.
I know guys with Razors that have license plates.

tgejesse

What does OH denote? I’m getting a Montana title right now. Is this worth being concerned over?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have taken a deep breath and applied the information I have received from members and thoughts of my own. I was looking at the Montana title and they have the model wrong. In my sales ad and on my SF97 form that was sent to Montana have my model as M1123. I looked all over and AM General never made a model “Off Highway VE “
I don’t believe any state can change the model just because they want to. I called Gov Planet and asked what was the model of my vehicle and they said M1123. My next question was how can the DMV change the model of my vehicle? Short answer was they can’t and Gov planet is looking into it and that I was the 5th caller today wanting some clarification. She also said that they should know more after they come back from NewYears. Maybe it gets fixed but they definitely know they have a problem with all the calls.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks