• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP SF97 held hostage and Lies!!!!!!

ProximityX

Been waiting for my SF97 for THREE AND A HALF MONTHS

I bought an M1078 in mid-May from a Bragg auction on IP. That's 3.5 months of waiting for the SF97. I've been told a couple times that it's signed and will be sent "soon". Still nothing. I paid for the truck, auction fees, taxes, and SF97 but have not received part of what I paid for (the sf97). I'm disappointed.

redrustyhill

It sounds like you are having the same luck I am. I did have a fedex truck show up today with my 4 sf97s. I should be thrilled. Two of the forms have the wrong year. I called and spoke with Kyle at gp customer service. I have to send them back to get corrected forms. UGH I took the form for the truck I am keeping to Oregon dept. of motor vehicles. I wish I had not. The lady ask me if her co workers were playing a joke on her. I asked why. She realized I was not part of a joke. She stated that the form is not valid because of the way it was filled out. They stamped off road use only at the top of the form, and where dates were required. It clearly states on the form no alterations or erasures, and that it must be machine printed by type writer, or computer printed. By stamping the off road only and dates, the form is void. By adding the offroad only to top, it is an alteration, so form is voided. Then where printed name is required, they are supposed to list their name and title. No title. She also noted the name GP used for odometer statement is different then iron/gov planet listed at top of sf97. She asked who they were and how do they relate to Govplanet. I dont have a clue. She also stated that info should only be typed in the boxes provided, not added to top.(off road only) She said they could have put it in the letter that comes with it.
Then there is the model. GP listed it as a m998 humvee. She asked what is a humvee? Is it like a HMMWV. I guess they dont like slang terms for model types. Then gp listed style as a HMMWV. She asked is this a suv, 2dr pickup, 4 dr pickup. I looked at her puzzled. ( she knew what it was a minute ago) She laughed and said she had spent 22 years in the Marine Corps. as a lawyer. Forms not filled out properly drive her crazy. She then said to send the form back and have it fixed.
I guess my point here is if it takes for ever and comes filled out correctly be happy. I have to start over now. UGH
try again at a different dmv or with a different clerk, not the anal retentive marine lawyer chick who has something to prove by refusing forms not filled out to her liking. I have done that before, get turned down at one office by an uncooperative unreasonable grouch and get accepted at another location or by another clerk

503m715

I usually have no problem at the dmv I use. I posted this info to help get forms filled out correctly. GL was spanked for the same thing when they first received the contract. (rubber stamped signatures and dates) If you do not point out a problem it can not be fixed.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
SO the SF97 backlog has arrived in FTW. Our team is starting on them today and committed to getting them taken care of as quickly as possible!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Just a heads up the Re-Assignment letters are having to be reprinted to reflect a TX notary so when you see the day the SF97 was printed and the date the letter was printed they will now be way off, trying to be proactive here so you don't think it was months difference.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are they the re-assignment letters or the actual forms? OK will not take the letter. (not that I have any thing I an waiting on)

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Since we technically buy them from the DOD our name has to be on the Sf97's. We are petitioning to change that but you know how that can go... Granted we did win our petition to start issuing Sf97's for the HMMWVs so hopefully soon. As of now your best option at that point is a transferable title out of FL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since we technically buy them from the DOD our name has to be on the Sf97's. We are petitioning to change that but you know how that can go... Granted we did win our petition to start issuing Sf97's for the HMMWVs so hopefully soon. As of now your best option at that point is a transferable title out of FL
That fight was fought without success by your predecessors. As I understand it, the form needs to go to the next owner in this case GP. You would be better off having the SF97 redesigned with a dealer transfer form on it so that it can legally be transferred. Unfortunately, that form is used widely throughout the federal gov't, not just DLA.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

503m715

Well I thought GP might get better with time, but I no longer feel that it will ever happen. As I stated in an earlier reply to this thread. I received the 4 form 97 for my hmmwv that the dmv in Oregon would not accept. I called GP and posted about the incorrect information. I was told by GP customer service that they would get the corrected forms started and sent out. They also said they would send a fedex envelope out to return the original forms back. I have yet to receive the return envelope. I called two days ago and asked the status of the corrected forms. They had not been started. I was told I need to send the forms to be corrected back. I replied that I had been told gp would send an envelope out for me to send the forms back, but never received it. I also stated that I was told the corrected forms would be started when I first called. I was told they would send an email out later in the day with info on returning the forms. I did not receive anything. At this point I am afraid to send the original forms back, it took forever and constant calling to get them to begin with.

Now I may sound like a whiny little child with my ranting, but the previous was not the only issue with this purchase.
As an Oregon resident I do not have to pay Washington sales tax on most purchases. I was charged the Washington sales tax. I informed GP that I am not required to pay it. They put me in contact with their head tax man. He told me I had to pay it, or send in a bill of lading.(bill of lading not required by law. I called the state of Washington and passed along the Wash statutes covering the sale of vehicles to non residents leaving state) He said he would check on it. After several weeks and no call back I started calling GP customer service. They gave me the tax mans direct phone number. After trying many times and leaving messages I called customer service and blew up. They got him on the line and he told me that I could not get a refund without a bill of lading because their system is only set up that way. (Hmm, maybe your system should be fixed to comply with the law) I told him that I called the Washington dept. of revenue 11 times and received the same answer each time. I am not required to pay the tax. He again stated that I would have to send a bill of lading in to receive a refund. I told him that I did not use their crappy VeriTread buddies because of the horrible service they provided shipping my wrecker. I told him I hired a private individual off of Uship and all I had was a receipt. He said to send it in, that would work. I sent it in. I emailed a copy to GP July 29th. I was copied on an email sent from customer service to the tax dept. stating Oscar is this something we need to deal with?

Since I was on the phone with GP about the form 97's I asked the status of the tax refund and stated it had been a long time with no word. The customer service agent contacted the tax dept. and told me they would get a hold of me. I received an email from the head tax man asking me to send in a copy of the bill of lading. After swearing and smashing my laptop against the wall I borrowed my daughters computer and sent another copy of shipping receipt in as requested.

At this point I think I now know what the new guy being gang raped in prison feels like. I know things happen or go wrong on occasion, but I have purchased 6 trucks through GP and only one without any trouble. Regardless of the outcome of this hmmwv purchase. I will never buy anything else from GP.

Last edited:

archmark

Well I thought GP might get better with time, but I no longer feel that it will ever happen. As I stated in an earlier reply to this thread. I received the 4 form 97 for my hmmwv that the dmv in Oregon would not accept. I called GP and posted about the incorrect information. I was told by GP customer service that they would get the corrected forms started and sent out. They also said they would send a fedex envelope out to return the original forms back. I have yet to receive the return envelope. I called two days ago and asked the status of the corrected forms. They had not been started. I was told I need to send the forms to be corrected back. I replied that I had been told gp would send an envelope out for me to send the forms back, but never received it. I also stated that I was told the corrected forms would be started when I first called. I was told they would send an email out later in the day with info on returning the forms. I did not receive anything. At this point I am afraid to send the original forms back, it took forever and constant calling to get them to begin with.

Now I may sound like a whiny little child with my ranting, but the previous was not the only issue with this purchase.
As an Oregon resident I do not have to pay Washington sales tax on most purchases. I was charged the Washington sales tax. I informed GP that I am not required to pay it. They put me in contact with their head tax man. He told me I had to pay it, or send in a bill of lading.(bill of lading not required by law. I called the state of Washington and passed along the Wash statutes covering the sale of vehicles to non residents leaving state) He said he would check on it. After several weeks and no call back I started calling GP customer service. They gave me the tax mans direct phone number. After trying many times and leaving messages I called customer service and blew up. They got him on the line and he told me that I could not get a refund without a bill of lading because their system is only set up that way. (Hmm, maybe your system should be fixed to comply with the law) I told him that I called the Washington dept. of revenue 11 times and received the same answer each time. I am not required to pay the tax. He again stated that I would have to send a bill of lading in to receive a refund. I told him that I did not use their crappy VariTread buddies because of the horrible service they provided shipping my wrecker. I told him I hired a private individual off of uship and all I had was a receipt. He said to send it in, that would work. I sent it in. I emailed a copy to GP July 29th. I was copied on an email sent from customer service to the tax dept. stating Oscar is this something we need to deal with?

Since I was on the phone with GP about the form 97's I asked the status of the tax refund and stated it had been a long time with no word. The customer service agent contacted the tax dept. and told me they would get a hold of me. I received an email from the head tax man asking me to send in a copy of the bill of lading. After swearing and smashing my laptop against the wall I borrowed my daughters computer and sent another copy of shipping receipt in as requested.

At this point I think I now know what the new guy being gang raped in prison feels like. I know things happen or go wrong on occasion, but I have purchased 6 trucks through GP and only one without any trouble. Regardless of the outcome of this hmmwv purchase. I will never buy anything else from GP.
When I purchased my truck everything went fairly smoothly with GP. They said 6 weeks for the SF 97 and it was 6 weeks. My problems started when I went to the McLennan Co. Tax ASSessor's office to get it titled and registered as a FMV. Man, talk about a bunch of dense wingnuts!

I'm thinking GP has become a victim of it's own success. Too bad, but they need to remember that one day their gravy train will come to an end also. I've got to think that Uncle Sucker is starting to run low on equipment to send to GP and when that day arrives, it's gonna be "turn out the lights, the party's over". Then, has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, the cretins in the Gub'ment are going to start requesting their old equipment back, especially if 'the balloon goes up' in the next 6 months or so...

redrustyhill

bureaucracy at its finest. I also am not requiree to pay sales tax in other states, being a MT resident, I submitted required documents both on grounds of being montana resident and declaring farm exempt since my m931 is for farm use only. Yet denied because no bill if lauding through their rip off VeriTread which wanted 2k to move a trailer 250 miles, which I did myself for $125 in fuel.

503m715

I realize that GP is new to military equipment. Their employees have been polite and try to help to the best of their ability. I should be happy that I called and got some sort of result, but I am calling about the same things over and over again. Now I have to call again tomorrow and start over - where is my return envelope, have my corrected forms been started. Did you send the email notification that you said you would send. I know the answer (no), but I have to call, wait on hold forever, or nothing will happen. I am getting ticked off just thinking about calling them.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am as well very frustrated with GP I am waiting on my SF97 I have called several times. I have been told they would check into it and call back and NO call back. I had a lady tell me she had it in her hand and would get it out that day and I would see it Friday that came and went with no paper work. I call again today they said I would see it in a few days.
I know there are probably people waiting longer than I but this is not right!! We jump through there hoops by getting the truck paid for, getting it picked up, doing our part of the paperwork to get paperwork from them and to pay for the paperwork at the very least they could jump through 1 hoop for us and get us our stuff in a timely manner.
I can only imagine what it would be like to try to buy more than 1 truck at a time or to try to make a living off of selling these trucks!!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I can tell you guys that the backlog has now been Reassigned to TX and signed and notarized. We will start getting them over-nighted out of here in the next few days. My self and Phil just signed our names close to 300 times. Now we have the ones that have come back or a VIN number or something was wrong to get through. At that point we will be able to start printing the ones from the last couple of weeks auctions and truly get caught up. We are sorry about the wait that some of you have endured just bare with us a bit longer and we will have this process running smoothly.

ProximityX

Thanks to JWADE for following up on my SF97 forms. I received them today after over 4 months. Purchased MAY 13, the DLA signed the forms JULY 06, and today SEPTEMBER 14 I received the SF97 forms via FedEx.

Of course I'm disappointed with the length of time it took to receive the documents. I appreciate that J.W. at GP is making an attempt to turn things around to make sure the process is more efficiently handled in the future.

Hopefully all future SF97 forms will move along more quickly.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There were similar growing pains with Govliquidation. Its good to hear that some of the issues are getting taken care of. I don't think the GL rep lasted more than a moth or two before she quit logging on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks