• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greater Houston-area Events

Nitrodiver

Nitrodiver - That is awesome!! I'm glad the event went so well, and I really enjoyed the pictures you posted. Thank you! Please let us know when there are talks about organizing for next year.
Thanks,there just crappy cell phone pics. Left my DSLR and my dads flag when he passed at home. I was going to put his flag on the middle windshield bar in honor of him. Even though it was a lot of fun.

Its gonna happen, the only thing that's unknown is the date right now. As soon as I have a date I'll post it here so I can get a list of who all is going. Hopefully that date will come from the organizers sooner than later. Your already on the list lol.

Soon as I get more pics or vid I'll post them here.
R

Nitrodiver

It's official now ! On Memorial Day weekend of 2018 will be the 4th annual KILO 19.

What is it: "KILO 19 A Walk to Remember" 19K ( Kilometers) walk in honor of the 19 service members killed during “Operation Red Wings” and to bring awareness to PTSD and the 22 veterans we lose to suicide everyday due to PTSD. Part of the Lone Survivor Foundation and Frog Fest.

When is it: May 27 2018 at 8am. Muster @730, roll out @8am. Usually over by 2-230pm.

Where is it: Starting at Retillion Rd on Bolivar Peninsula, Texas going down the beach to Mr G St, north on Mr G to Hwy 87 east on 87 to Frog Fest.

What does it cost: There is no entry fee for MV's for the KILO 19.

What's needed: Military Vehicles. Any era, any size. Limited to U.S. at this point.
If you have a tracked vehicle, gun truck w weapons, a blank firing civil war cannon, 105mm or the like. PM me for special instructions.

What to expect: Operating your vehicle on the beach in hot sandy conditions and depending on tides possibly salt water to cross the few canals (all are roughly knee deep) that to drain into the gulf. 4-5 hours of low speed operation. Lots of onlookers, picture takers and children on the beach. The MV's are used to lead the veterans and civilians at a walking pace the entire way. Stopping every kilometer for a few min wile the walkers get some cold water. Restrooms on the beach are there, but pretty scarce along this route.

Additional info: There are numerous places for lodging on Bolivar. One being directly across Hwy 87 from Frog Fest. As well as overnight camping on the beach. There are numerous restaurants and places on Bolivar to get Diesel as well.

I am starting a list of those wanting to attend. If you want to get some seat time in your favorite MV for a good cause post it here.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mention the 22 Veteran suicides a day and PTSD issues. Would you like an official showing of the Mission 22 Truck? A 923A2 with the Mission 22 logo on the door. We hand out info on PTSD and TBI in addition to the info on the 22 veteran suicides a day.

I have the keys, since I own it, so I can call Cindy at M22 and set it up. Let me know!

I also recognize that you may have your sponsors and don't need "more chefs in the kitchen". In that case, Id just be happy to attend in an un-marked vehicle :warthog: :tank: :driver:

Another Ahab

You mention the 22 Veteran suicides a day and PTSD issues. Would you like an official showing of the Mission 22 Truck? A 923A2 with the Mission 22 logo on the door. We hand out info on PTSD and TBI in addition to the info on the 22 veteran suicides a day.
I worked a career in general contracting, and the absolute saddest project I ever managed was a retrofitting of all the individual room doors of a Veterans Hospital up in Pennsylvania a few years back.

We were contracted to replace the door hinges of each hospital room.

I had six carpenters working full-time for two weeks. We replaced the conventional two-leaf hinges on each door with a continuous piano hinge.

The piano hinges had no pin substantial enough to drape anything over.

Before the retrofit, some of the patients of the hospital had used the conventional hinge pins as anchors for hanging themselves.

Just writing that now gives me a sinking crushed feeling.

My prayers for those in need. Amen

Last edited:

m715mike

2nd Annual Salute to Heroes Golf Tournament

The Marine Corps League is getting ready for their second annual golf tournament. Last year's event went really well with several SS members attending to place their vehicles on static display. Similar to last year, the Marine Corps League is asking for MV displays. Here are the details for this year's event:

Event - Salute to Heroes Golf Tournament & Silent Auction hosted by the Marine Corps League Eastex Detachment #779

Where - Woodforest Golf Club
1199 Fish Creek Thoroughfare
Montgomery, Texas 77316
This is the same location as last year.

When - Thursday, October 5, 2017

Schedule - 07:00 Vehicles placed on static display
08:00 golf and other activities begin
Vehicles free to depart after lunch

The Marine Corps League will provide lunch for those that bring a vehicle. But don't forget your clubs! Everyone is invited to join the golf tournament! There's more information and pricing in the attached flier.

View attachment MCLGolf17.pdf

If you are interested in golfing, please contract the Marine Corps League directly (see the flier). If you are interested in bringing a vehicle to place on static display, please let me know and I will coordinate with the Marine Corps League.

m715mike

I apologize for the last minute notice.

The Marine Corps League had to postpone their golf event (partially due to Harvey). They are now planning on a date in March 2018. I'll post details when I learn them.

The Marine Corps League is getting ready for their second annual golf tournament. Last year's event went really well with several SS members attending to place their vehicles on static display. Similar to last year, the Marine Corps League is asking for MV displays. Here are the details for this year's event:

Event - Salute to Heroes Golf Tournament & Silent Auction hosted by the Marine Corps League Eastex Detachment #779

Montgomery, Texas 77316
This is the same location as last year.

When - Thursday, October 5, 2017

Schedule - 07:00 Vehicles placed on static display
Vehicles free to depart after lunch

The Marine Corps League will provide lunch for those that bring a vehicle. But don't forget your clubs! Everyone is invited to join the golf tournament! There's more information and pricing in the attached flier.

View attachment 694563

If you are interested in golfing, please contract the Marine Corps League directly (see the flier). If you are interested in bringing a vehicle to place on static display, please let me know and I will coordinate with the Marine Corps League.

m715mike

I apologize for the last minute notice.

The Marine Corps League had to postpone their golf event (partially due to Harvey). They are now planning on a date in March 2018. I'll post details when I learn them.

Alright... MVs are wanted and Golfers are wanted! The Marine Corps League's Salute to Heroes golf tournament is rescheduled for Thursday, March 29, 2018.

Who can bring their MV out for static displays? The organizer would like as many MVs as possible. Also, anyone wanting to golf is more than welcome. Spread the word.

Here are event details (also see the attached filer):

Montgomery, Texas 77316

When - Thursday, March 29, 2018

Schedule - 07:00 vehicles placed on static display
Vehicles free to depart after lunch (the Marine Corps League will provide lunch for anyone that brings a vehicle)

If you plan to bring a MV, please let me know. I will coordinate the vehicles. If you want to golf, please contact the Marine Corps League directly (see the flier).

Salute to Heroes Golf Tournament.png

Nitrodiver

It's official now ! On Memorial Day weekend of 2018 will be the 4th annual KILO 19. (Updated 4/18

What is it: "KILO 19 A Walk to Remember" 19K ( Kilometers) walk in honor of the 19 service members killed during “Operation Red Wings” and to bring awareness to PTSD and the 22 veterans we lose to suicide everyday due to PTSD. Part of the Lone Survivor Foundation.

When is it: May 27 2018 at 10am. Muster @9am. Usually over by 2-3pm.

Where is it: Starting and ending at Tiki Beach Bar & Grill.
Tiki Beach Bar & Grill
1369 Hwy 87
Bolivar Peninsula, Tx, 77650
Www.tikibeachbarandgrill.com

What does it cost: There is no entry fee for MV's for the KILO 19.

What's needed: Military Vehicles. Any era, any size, wheeled or tacked. Limited to U.S. at this point. Especially cargo trucks w troop seats for transporting those that are walking to the beach. The organizer would like to have the largest convoy possible.
If you have a tracked vehicle, gun truck w weapons, a blank firing civil war cannon, 105mm or the like. PM me for special instructions.

What to expect: Operating your vehicle on the beach in hot sandy conditions and depending on tides possibly salt water to cross the few canals (all are roughly knee deep or less) that to drain into the gulf.3-4 hours of low speed operation. KILO19 happens rain or shine. Lots of onlookers, picture takers and children on the beach. The MV's are used to lead the veterans and civilians at a walking pace the entire way. Stopping every kilometer for a few min wile the walkers get some cold water. Restrooms on the beach are there, but pretty scarce along this route. We’re working on a porta potty on a trailer since the ones on the beach are atrocious.

Additional info: There are numerous places for lodging on Bolivar. One being directly across Hwy 87 from Frog Fest. As well as overnight camping on the beach. There are numerous restaurants and places on Bolivar to get Diesel as well.

RSVP to kilo19wtr@gmail.com with your name and your shirt size (one only please) put Military Convoy in the subject line. I am starting a list of those wanting to attend. If you want to get some seat time in your favorite MV for a good cause post it here also so I can keep count.

Some high res good quality video would be great for youtube not much recent SS content there and mostly rallies. If you have the means or know someone that’s capable let me know. Drones, go- pros, cameras on gimbals Ect.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool. Thanks for the invite. Let me see if I can get a copilot to bring my boat so we can fish the rest of the week.

m715mike

Time to blow the cob webs out of this thread....

Who's up for a meet and eat in Montgomery, Texas on Saturday, February 22?

Here's what I'm thinking: We can meet at my shop off Highway 105 and have lunch at the Mexican food restaurant next door. I'll get to the shop at 9am and figure we can do lunch at noon. Anyone that wants to hangout after lunch is welcome to. If you have a project or want to tinker on your truck, bring it (but let us know what you are thinking so we can plan accordingly).

Lunch location:
7 Leguas Mexican Restaurant
15949 Highway 105 West
Montgomery, Texas 77356

Shop address:
15953 Highway 105 West, Space 2
Montgomery, Texas 77356
To get to the shop, you will turn off Highway 105 into the parking lot for the 7 Leguas restaurant. Drive past the restaurant to a gate at the end of the parking lot. There is a gate code. Send me a PM or text message for the gate code.

-Michael
(936) 672-6943

TAZZJR

Hello all.

I was invited to this thread last night.

I plan to be there in the morning.

For those who I haven't met, I look forward to meeting you. For my friends I already know, I hope all is well since our last event.

I added some pictures of the event on Bolivar with Nitrodriver and some of my latest work on Hell or High water. (New tires and some dercrative paint)

Attachments

Another Ahab

Hello all.

I added some pictures of the event on Bolivar with Nitrodriver and some of my latest work on Hell or High water. (New tires and some dercrative paint)
Thanks for the pics!

What's with the push-ups, everybody got caught doing wrong?!

- "That's it, DROP...and give me ten!!!"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks