• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ground Rod Kits

54reo

Ok, I apologize for the delay in getting back to people, but it has been quite busy here.

I got around to getting into the trailer to get a couple of kits out and get a few pics. These are the kits with three sections of 5/8" threaded rod, three couplers, 6' of copper wire, drive head, clamp, and ground terminal. They were all still in their individual boxes, but a few of the boxes were in poor condition (from water). The rods are all in good shape though.

If interested, please PM your address and I will get a shipping cost.

Attachments

762luver

How crucial is that small "extraction" collar?

My set up is the basic 3pc that 54reo has pics of and a slide hammer. Will the slide hammer extract the rod without it?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How crucial is that small "extraction" collar?

My set up is the basic 3pc that 54reo has pics of and a slide hammer. Will the slide hammer extract the rod without it?
Very, if you don't want to damage the rods or connectors. Easy to fab, or I can sell you one. PM me if interested.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp,

I see CARNAC has some ground rods "cheap, cheap, cheap" and is going to be at Aberdeen...you going again this year, or is work gonna get in the way?? I wanna know before I make any deals...LOL

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not sure if I will make it or not. Might want to start an Aberdeen thread so we can see if anyone near us is going. I might want a set too.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the rods don' t screw together--how do you pull out the lower sections after
they are driven ????
The standard issue rods do screw together. The ones shown on a previous page apparently press together and will most likely come apart if pulled out of the ground.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone wants to try and buy new, the Eritech parts can be ordered by any electrical wholesale distributor who carries Erico, Caddy, etc. Pretty widely distributed, and most of them will sell retail/over the counter.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I notice that the ground rods all had threadded ends. Wouldn't one of the rods be pointed only so that one is the one that goes in the ground first so it does not damage the threads? i see they are a little pointed but still have threads. is there one rod that gets put in the ground first? i looked in the TM for the MEP-002A and it seems to show that one is pointed and the rest are threadded.