• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guard M35A2's to be sent to DRMO

sailor2000

American Metal Market (AMM) - Chicago
Average $ / ton, gross
Shredded Auto Scrap
November 2007
$295.00

That makes a shredded deuce worth about $1900.

Don't count on non running parts trucks hanging around salvage yards for very long.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel there are pluses and minuses to each aspect. Too many deuces, and the price goes down and a lot get scrapped. Too few, and the price goes up and it will be harder to find cheap trucks and parts.

My suggestion?

Stop bitching and drive. :)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Someone stated above that the NG guys would be coming back for the M35's once they found out the LMTV's were a piece of crap.

Well...one of my former soldiers called from one of the units I did the force modernization of all the deuces to LMTV's. They've now had the truck less than a year and in the middle of a fairly busy intersection in NYC the truck shuts off with no explanation. Refuses to start.

To the rescue is sent a truck from another unit...an M813 5 ton with towbar.

In the meantime to clear the intersection for the very friendly, peace-loving, soldier supporting, horn honkers, a guy used a small forklift to push it out of the intersection. Oh btw, the driver bled the air after it shut off so the forklift pushed a lot of weight and left some black marks.

Gotta love the LMTV.

kcimb

medlog said:
Someone stated above that the NG guys would be coming back for the M35's once they found out the LMTV's were a piece of crap.

Well...one of my former soldiers called from one of the units I did the force modernization of all the deuces to LMTV's. They've now had the truck less than a year and in the middle of a fairly busy intersection in NYC the truck shuts off with no explanation. Refuses to start.

To the rescue is sent a truck from another unit...an M813 5 ton with towbar.

In the meantime to clear the intersection for the very friendly, peace-loving, soldier supporting, horn honkers, a guy used a small forklift to push it out of the intersection. Oh btw, the driver bled the air after it shut off so the forklift pushed a lot of weight and left some black marks.

Gotta love the LMTV.
:lol: Let's hear it for the LMTV

kcimb

FWIW, when I was driving to Pensacola right after Katrina I saw lots of M35s and Hummvees heading to New Orleans at 45 MPH. I beleive they were Texas NG. The backs had tarps over them (Blue) and they were full of water, MREs, etc.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im not too worried... Just look at the M151 stuff thats readily availible. And M151's have been out of the system for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!