• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

guess what happend today

GM-M1008

the key was on for a couple minutes thats why they where only on they all lit up then went out a couple seconds later

i was thinking about buying a deuce,m105and a m101 next (i am starting to see what you mean now i have a felling my field is going to have a lot of OD green in it in the near future ) i like that i can buy my own stuff the when most other kids are having there parent buy them car/truck ..ect..

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i inspected it why it was up on the air and then then crawled under it i didnt see anything wrong with it ..drive shaft it strait no cracks in tcase or trans ...i don't think it was moved by a fork left because the was only one spot thats dented the rocker (its no the bad) the rocker is pushed in from the side and there is a long scrape make coming from it like it slid into something or something hit it while in motion ...if you look close enough in the pick u will see the scrap mark..i will tri to take better pic
Glad you've already looked into potential damage/abuse. Too many have "assumed", only to later be hit in the face by REALITY.

Good luck with your new toy :beer:

Milbikes

Looks like mine also. Is yours painted with a brush? Mine looks like parts of it were painted with a live cat on a stick.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you check out the GEN2 light. It isn't on in the pictures and without the light working the rear battery will not charge.

Great looking truck.

WARWAG

"Hello, My name is Mike". Hello Mike. "I am a....... MV collector. Its started years ago when I watched my father work on his MV. Then in school I tried my first MV. From there my addiction just, just consumed me" The crowd around Mike just looked down and shook there heads. They had heard this story before. Yah the names and faces change but the story is always the same. They new this addiction wouldnt end. It hadnt for them and for that they were happy.

In the building next to the MV addiction facility whos parking lot was full of assorted Olive Drab Steel Soldiers was a parking lot full of geo metros and other assorted brightly colored 2 wheel drive small vehicles. This building held the real victoms of this addiction. The wives and loved ones of those afflicted. "Hello, My name is Christy" Hello Christy. "My husband just brought home a Ugly green truck" Gasps could be heard through out the gathered group of women. They too had heard this story. For it was there own. They slowly passed Christy the bottle of Bourbon. They new this was the only way to help there sister in need.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Hello, My name is Mike". Hello Mike. "I am a....... MV collector. Its started years ago when I watched my father work on his MV. Then in school I tried my first MV. From there my addiction just, just consumed me" The crowd around Mike just looked down and shook there heads. They had heard this story before. Yah the names and faces change but the story is always the same. They new this addiction wouldnt end. It hadnt for them and for that they were happy.

In the building next to the MV addiction facility whos parking lot was full of assorted Olive Drab Steel Soldiers was a parking lot full of geo metros and other assorted brightly colored 2 wheel drive small vehicles. This building held the real victoms of this addiction. The wives and loved ones of those afflicted. "Hello, My name is Christy" Hello Christy. "My husband just brought home a Ugly green truck" Gasps could be heard through out the gathered group of women. They too had heard this story. For it was there own. They slowly passed Christy the bottle of Bourbon. They new this was the only way to help there sister in need.

:funny:

While alcoholism and drug addiction are really no laughing matter...

We with the MV addiction can surely relate to the little ditty above.

Thanks for the comic-relief and your comedic creativity. Have you ever done Stand-Up :?::?::?:

GM-M1008

Thanks all

i am trying to get the truck started it turns but wont fire. i hear the click when i turn the key on (i believe that deals with the glow plugs) and how are the batteries supposed to be hooked up it has a negative on the back battery to the positive on the front battery. what else do i have to check ?( before i even thought of starting it i checked all the fluids ) i cycled the glow plugs 2 times before trying to start it . am i doing anything wrong ...what am i missing ? all i want to do is ride around in my OD steel i guess i can say

sorry if i am rambling on ..it makes scene in my head :roll:

Oh by the way my names mike

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Batteries are hooked up in SERIES, thus two 12volt batteries make 24volt System.

Should be :

Frame/engine ground to First Battery's Negative Terminal, then jumper from that battery's Positive Terminal to the Negative Terminal on the Second Battery, then from the Postive Terminal of the Second Battery to the Vehicle Electrical System.

(First and Second Battery references are in the circuit sequence, not necessarily Batt #1 and Batt #2)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks