• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Mounts added

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another cool trick with the gunmounts is to take a piece of 1 1/2 (I think) PVC with a bell adapter to 4" Slide the 1 1/2 in the gun mount from the top and sit your drink in the big part. A little 24052 and it look cool. I also took a 3" slip coupling and epoxied a magnet to the bottm. Works everywhere in the deuce.

Warren Lovell

Steering columns in primer

Why are a lot of the M35s steering columns in primer...mine included?
Is this an item that got replaced frequently enough to justify not painting it? Or was it bad ju ju to paint it?

Warren

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mounts are pretty universal. You could mount a single and make it lower on the dash or maybe block up the bottom. Once you get the top brackets I see a fabricated lower cradle for the M4 considering your penchant for fabrication. For as inexpensive as the mounts have been, one can afford to play with them. I've also seen them mounted in the corners behind the seat and in single form on the dash by the doors.
Kenny.

Crazyguyla

The primered steering columns are probsly that way for a few reasons: 1. CARC paint is dangerous, so units don't send them trucks to be painted becausse of a new steering column. 2. Most of the supply sections i have delt with have spray paint low on their priorty lists of things to buy. 3. Even if the stuff was avalible, it's a new army and spending days in the motorpool making sure one's vehicle was up to snuff and ready for the ole canine and esquierterian extravaganza, soldiers must have quality training and not in the motorpool fixing stuff. it's not official policy, just what i have noticed in the last 8 yrs. :)

bomar76

Actually the far one is an M16.....SP1 - very early upper...no brass deflector, no forward assist. (1961-1963...would of had to have been an Air Force gun).
3 round bust, Tax Stamp Weapon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks