• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gwinnett Sheriff's SWAT M114 video

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks good. It gets old seeing people complain about the police having an armored vehicle every time Wgtactical shows one of his vehicles that he builds for a law enforcement agency. I think they are a useful tool when bullet resistant vests and 9mm Berrettas are not enough to stop some bank robbers with fully automatic AK-47s that are shooting at every cop and citizen. I wouldnt call it militarization of police departments but good use of government surplus. Better to have it and not need it.

Elwenil

Agreed. The "Police with APCs" discussion has already happened at least once and if you want to revisit it, go post in one of those threads. Let's not insult WGT by polluting every one of his threads with this tedious topic.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Agreed. The "Police with APCs" discussion has already happened at least once and if you want to revisit it, go post in one of those threads. Let's not insult WGT by polluting every one of his threads with this tedious topic.

Well, I haven't seen the other threads, and he asked. And btw, no insult was intended.

Sorry for not doing a search before I replied.

Last edited:

todds112

That might be the coolest thing I have ever seen!:-D Great now I want one of those.:roll:

I was kind of shocked at how well that thing moves. What is the top speed on one of those?

Last edited:

wgtactical

That might be the coolest thing I have ever seen!:-D Great now I want one of those.:roll:

I was kind of shocked at how well that thing moves. What is the top speed on one of those?
Dont forget the first one:-D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYzHEDneFU[/media]

I dont know what top speed is right now, but that will be something we will find out shortly

todds112

Dont forget the first one:-D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYzHEDneFU[/media]

I dont know what top speed is right now, but that will be something we will find out shortly
Wow, wow, WOW!!! Great work. All it takes is one life saved, one downed officer, hostage, etc rescued. Pays for itself instantly. When I got into LE 18 years ago I didn't see the need for rifles in patrol cars. Now I can't imagine NOT having one. Times change and we have to change with them.

Great, great, tool.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow, wow, WOW!!! Great work. All it takes is one life saved, one downed officer, hostage, etc rescued. Pays for itself instantly. When I got into LE 18 years ago I didn't see the need for rifles in patrol cars. Now I can't imagine NOT having one. Times change and we have to change with them.

Great, great, tool.
Times Change....:roll:

Why stop with the APC...., I mean, if you'd rather have it and not need it.... I think every Sheriff/PD should have an M1A1 Abrams, A Bradley fighting vehicle, A Huey Cobra, An A-10 Warthog, TOW missiles,......etc...etc...etc.... Where does it end?.....

I guess I shouldn't fear the Government, I mean, as far as I know, I'm not doing anything wrong, right?

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Times Change....:roll:

Why stop with the APC...., I mean, if you'd rather have it and not need it.... I think every Sheriff/PD should have an M1A1 Abrams, A Bradley fighting vehicle, A Huey Cobra, An A-10 Warthog, TOW missiles,......etc...etc...etc.... Where does it end?.....

I guess I shouldn't fear the Government, I mean, as far as I know, I'm not doing anything wrong, right?
Nah, An Abrams is too heavy for the street. Good job Gerald.

Yarb

FMJ, this is not consistent logic. Why shouldn't police departments utilize APC's when faced with increasingly bold, well armed, and ruthless criminals. At the end of the day these tracks help protect those that can't protect themselves against people that have no regard for ethics or life.

The comparisons to M1's, etc are not accurate and is an unfair generalization. There is a difference between Gwinnet County or Daytona Beach PD having an APC and having real armor, like for example 1st Cav.

boomer

Interesting video. It's nice nice that they are using a m v, but would be nicer if the operator drove it better. Taking that turn, he could have thrown a track. Also, could have chosen some better music. I cut the power to my speakers twenty seconds into it. (I can listen to a good rock/heavy metal song, anytime.) That was borderline noise.