• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H2 Wheel questions

steved454

I searched forum and did not find anything on Hummer 2 wheels so hope I am not starting a new thread for no reason.

I just found some H2 wheels for a good price and wondering if they find right on or if you have to recenter them or something to put them on my M1028.

The reason I am asking is in the last fourwheeler magizine I got one of the readers rigs was a jeep pickup with cucv axles with the H2 wheels on them.
Do you need spacer with them like the hummer 2 piece wheel? or do they just mount on?

thanks for any help?

P.S. I have learned so much about how to keep my truck going. thank you to everyone. So much knowledge here!
:beer:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
H2 wheels

Yes, the bolt patternn is the same, however the H2 rims will NOT fit over the front hub on the truck. The other question is weather the back spacing is OK. I just tried this with my truck and on the front with a 315 BFG tire the back spacing was too much. The solution would be to machine out the front wheels enough to clear the flare out of the hub, or run a 1 iinch spacer in the front. I think if you could get the wheels center machined out some to fit it would work.

David

4bogginchevys

First off, I am under the impression that a 1028 is 8 lug....
Secondly, I am under the impression that H2 wheels are 6 lug........

H1 (Humvee) wheels may be 8 lug but i'm not sure about that 1..........what am I missing?:lost:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
H1 and H2 wheels have the same bolt pattern and back spacing. Kascar sells H2 wheels fitted with CTIS for the H1

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wheels

I have H1 8 lugs wheels and tires on the truck now, the H2 wheels are the same bolt pattern..not sure about the BS. the H2 wheels are 17x 8.5 inchs wide. I mounted the H2 wheels on the truck with the 2 inch spacer I use on the H1 wheels and they stuck outside the fender much more than the H1 wheels so the BS is not the same. More BS on the H1 rims than the H2. :-D

Sephirothq

I have a set of the older H2 rims. they are 8 lug they are the same bolt pattern. You have to machine the center hole to make it larger to fit over the hubs. The wheels and tires will stick out a bit further. A set of fender flares will take care of that issue.

tsmall07

First off, I am under the impression that a 1028 is 8 lug....
Secondly, I am under the impression that H2 wheels are 6 lug........

H1 (Humvee) wheels may be 8 lug but i'm not sure about that 1..........what am I missing?:lost:
You really should just stay an observer in threads where you have no idea. H2 wheels are 8 lug. I know they will fit over the protruding hub in the rear if you cut the center caps and I think they'll fit over the fronts (because I've seen guys with 60s run them) but I don't know if you have to clearance the wheel at all. The back spacing should be correct. A buddy of mine runs them on his 3/4 ton suburban that has the same ff14 bolt as the cucv.

As a general rule, H2s have nothing to do with H1s. They're not a scaled down version, they're a completely different truck. The only reasons to run H2 wheels are that they're generally pretty cheap (because so many people run bling bling wheels on their H2s) and they're relatively light because they're made of an aluminum alloy.

4bogginchevys

Well, first off...anyone can be wrong. I made a call to my buddy at the local GM dealer. He says the H2 wheels are 8 lug and the chassis is based off of the 3/4 ton suburban, and the H3 is 6 lug...but not half ton chevy, thier based on the colorado platform. This simple confusion on my part is not any good reason for your cross words....watch your mouth in the future please!........Carry on.......:D

Reactions: emr

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wheels

I will mount up the H2 rims this weekend and take a few pictures. From what I remember last time I did this was the BS was greater on the H1 rims than the H2 rims. So the H2 rims stuck out further on the outside. 2cents

Attachments

robr

Well, first off...anyone can be wrong. I made a call to my buddy at the local GM dealer. He says the H2 wheels are 8 lug and the chassis is based off of the 3/4 ton suburban, and the H3 is 6 lug...but not half ton chevy, thier based on the colorado platform. This simple confusion on my part is not any good reason for your cross words....watch your mouth in the future please!........Carry on.......:D

well your buddy is wrong about the H2 and is correct about the H3 built on a Colorado frame and built in a GM Factory

The H2 is built under contract by AM General at a specially constructed plant in Mishawaka, Indiana, USA. Although it shares GM's GMT820 truck platform with the Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon, those vehicles differ in many ways and are constructed in three other GM plants. The H2's final frame assembly is made up of 3 sections: The front uses a modified GM 2500-Series utility frame, the mid-section is all new and is completely boxed, and the rear section uses a modified GM 1500-Series frame which is upgraded for the 8,600 pounds (3,900 kg) gross vehicle weight.

Attachments

Last edited:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wheels

Billett, one question. Can you run the stock H2 rim without any kind of spacer and have the wheel not contact the suspension/brakes? In other words, is the back spacing correct on the H2's for the M1008?

David

robr

I know on newer Chevy trucks 1999 until the last body change 3/4 ton and 1 ton no spacer is needed just a 2" lift for 315s tires to fit under the truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks