• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top fitment questions

dhaumann69166

Thanks for the pics! Now it’s time to start cutting and welding and hope for the best. I think I can make my own version of the mounts for my top or at least make something that will work. I do have two more questions.
#1 How does the back of the cab usually connect to the top and the rest of the body? I was thinking about trying to make mine bolt on so I could remove it in the summer.
#2 How much head room is there in your Humvee? Is it a tight fit for someone 6 foot or do you have quite a bit of space? I know that leg room is pretty limited but didn’t know about head room.

Action

1. measure the distance from your windshield frame to the inside top of your roof.
2. Measure the distance from your head to the roof.
3. Subtract 1 from 2 and get the amount of clearance you will have.

Action

BTW, you need to measure your own. There are too many variables for another person to do your work. The older seats have 3 positions, and the seat springs can weaken thus giving s few more inches. The highback seat bases move front to rear and top to bottom.

If your head is too close to the roof, lower your seat.

dhaumann69166

I was mainly just wondering if anyone has ever been bouncing along and went “**** I wish there was a couple more inches of clearance”. Wasn’t really lookin for exact numbers just do you ever wish for more head room? I don’t have high backs just stock seats with no up and down. How much taller do high back seats set up vs the regular basic seats? I know the backs are obviously taller just wondering how much higher the seat base is?

Action

Your seat moves. There should be a sticker or plate with instructions and a picture. You lift the entire driver seat up and move it forwards or rearwards. There is a bit of elevation change too, I think.

s-l1600.jpg

dhaumann69166

Your seat moves. There should be a sticker or plate with instructions and a picture. You lift the entire driver seat up and move it forwards or rearwards. There is a bit of elevation change too, I think.

View attachment 721068
They move but not far enough back unfortunately. Knees are in the dash even in the farthest back setting. The seats only go up when you go forward. They don’t have just up/down or just forward/backwards. 3 positions with the farthest forward being for umpa loompa’s I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks