• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top Price?

greenjeepster

He is performing a public service: He is maximizing the earning potential of the Federal Government:mrgreen: The method I use to bid has the effect of driving prices up, but my philosophy is get in early for the full amount that I am willing to pay. Nobody is going to win the item I want for less than I am in for and I am not going to pay more than I initially decide it is worth to me. I don't wait until the end with GL because my high bid may be the same as somebody elses high bid and the Rules state it belongs to whomever gets their bid in first.

With the 15 minute rule there really is no point it waiting to the very end to bid. You are not going to surprise attack anybody.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the 15 minute rule there really is no point it waiting to the very end to bid. You are not going to surprise attack anybody.
This assumes that all players are sitting around watching the auction close. How many times have we read posts where someone says they were outbid at the end because they weren't able (or forgot) to watch it close?

If there are multiples of an item at one location, you can indeed do well at the end. It's hard to put your max on everything (unless you got big bucks) You end up putting something on everything of the same type and then going after one or two near the end. GL auctions often turn out to be - Must Be Present To Win deals. I've never won when I've bid and walked away.

TeufelHunden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The words are "collusion" and "wreaks" and no, I'm not a shill, I'm just tired of the big money backed entities buying things we want for a song! Had there been different members outbidding, each other I would not have done it.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The words are "collusion" and "wreaks" and no, I'm not a shill, I'm just tired of the big money backed entities buying things we want for a song! Had there been different members outbidding, each other I would not have done it.

Thank you for spell checking that. Corrections have been made. Please double check my remaining 800+ posts for errors.

:driver:

frodobaggins

Doesn't really matter why you did it, that's just not cool.

Preacherboy

As far as I'm concerned, if you want something go ahead and big one at a time up to your limit price, if someone happens to beat you on each one fine. But, if you are just bidding to drive up prices for "revenge" that would be inappropriate.

Quit frankly if there are some guys out there bidding one m35a2's just so I can't get one for cheap (like 100's of other people have over the years) that just stinks! I want to get into the MV hobby and it just stinks that there might be someone out there that thinks it is wrong for me to get a truck for $1000 and think that I "deserve" to have to pay $2000 or whatever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks