• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top question

commandojd

I recently picked up two used m35 hard tops from a friend who got em from a lot he purchased. One of the tops is a regular top and the second one is a turret top (with the circle over the passanger area). My question is which one would be a better investment to have refinished and put on my truck? I just want your opinons ;) I currently have a soft top, but I want a change!

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got the turret top on mine, the Army sealed it up with a piece of metal bolted in. Water collects in there if i leave the deuce out even with all the sealer they put around it. Are you going to sell the soft top and associated hardware? I might be interested.

commandojd

I will probably sell the soft top set up and maybe even the turret top if anyone wants it. I just dont want to mess with the whole leaking idea. But ya, I have a new in box GMA "green" soft top and a "ALL" refinished soft top set up....it looks all brand new :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
How much do those ring mounts go for?
It depends on condition but a rule of thumb is 600 for the ring, 200 each for the legs (3), and a few hundred more for the .50 cal cradle (mine is brand new), ammo can holder that goes next to the gun (has a hold down thingy that sits on top of the rounds) and spare ammo can holders. I have a spare set of legs for mine and two spare ammo can holders. I'd prob take $1600.00 for all of it.