• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard Tops vs Soft Top

Bo1

I drove 4 hours to get a hardtop a few weeks back. It was not in the best shape, but I took it apart and am having it sandblasted now. Plan on getting it back to its glory state. Hardtops are out there, you just have to be persistent looking for one.

Bo

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My aftermarket bucket seats had more room to recline with the soft top...it allowed the seats to "cheat" back farther for more room. My hardtop rear window intrudes into the cab, preventing the seats from reclining comfortably now.

It's a trade-off.

PyroJoe

Why are the hard tops always caved in? Are they just that weak that heavy snow caves them in? Or did the military do something stupid like storing stuff on top of them? Or would soldiers crawl over top of them haha? Every one I've owned has been caved in like bear sat on top of it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Why are the hard tops always caved in? Are they just that weak that heavy snow caves them in? Or did the military do something stupid like storing stuff on top of them? Or would soldiers crawl over top of them haha? Every one I've owned has been caved in like bear sat on top of it.
Doubt it is snow. They are somewhat rugged. Stacking junk on top, sure. That happens. Soldiers on the roof is a possibility too...

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live near you in ND and when I bought my Deuce it had a hard top and when I got my 5 ton it had a soft top I quickly replaced the soft top with a hard top! Like was said if your going to run the truck in the winter/Fall your will certainly appreciate the hard top! Insulate it good with tractor cab insulation and it greatly reduces the noise inside the cab, and you will be warm!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because some folks think its a good place to stand, better view from up there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks