• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone every tried a voltage-reducer

stampy

I have a 24v/12v voltage reducer that works great, it is like the above and I got it off Ebay. I wired it up through a swich so It was only on when needed. Great for 12v accesories, instead of pulling off 1 battery. It is mounted under the dash near the glovebox:-D

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
many have wanted 12 volts from 24. a last resort is a converter. what is best is a battery equilizer. this unit has 3 wires, ground, 12 volt and 24 volt. you leave it connected all the time, no idle current to worry about and usually 90% to 95% efficient so very little heat. as you may suppose it goes across both batteries and whan you draw a current from the lower battery it keeps the load balanced. now the problem is that these units are VERY expensive, $400 and much more. step in e-bay. search for sure power or vanner battery equilizer and you can find new units for $50 or a little more.

tom
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sure-Power-Batt...s?hash=item4ce97ee736&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks