• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone every tried a voltage-reducer

stampy

I have a 24v/12v voltage reducer that works great, it is like the above and I got it off Ebay. I wired it up through a swich so It was only on when needed. Great for 12v accesories, instead of pulling off 1 battery. It is mounted under the dash near the glovebox:-D

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
many have wanted 12 volts from 24. a last resort is a converter. what is best is a battery equilizer. this unit has 3 wires, ground, 12 volt and 24 volt. you leave it connected all the time, no idle current to worry about and usually 90% to 95% efficient so very little heat. as you may suppose it goes across both batteries and whan you draw a current from the lower battery it keeps the load balanced. now the problem is that these units are VERY expensive, $400 and much more. step in e-bay. search for sure power or vanner battery equilizer and you can find new units for $50 or a little more.

tom
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sure-Power-Batt...s?hash=item4ce97ee736&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116