• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone stripped a hmmwv body?

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally feel your aluminum wouldn't stay flashy very long. Here on the east coast, the aluminum body would corrode and start turning white with oxidation.

ari

I think that would look really cool. but why not get a vinyl wrap so you dont have to worry about the body corroding. silver-chrome-wrapping-BMW5-01.jpg I know not a humvee but yall get the idea

Skrilex

Banned
I'm actually not thinking polished aluminum, rather a raw look like sand blasted. I had a jetboat that was bead blasted and left for a few years. It got some stains and areas of discoloration from rain but overall it still looked pretty cool. And I discovered a product called shark hide that is like a metal sealer and can prevent corrosion for a few years. I suppose it would depend on the grade of aluminum how powdery and corroded it would try to get.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks