• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone stripped a hmmwv body?

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally feel your aluminum wouldn't stay flashy very long. Here on the east coast, the aluminum body would corrode and start turning white with oxidation.

ari

I think that would look really cool. but why not get a vinyl wrap so you dont have to worry about the body corroding. silver-chrome-wrapping-BMW5-01.jpg I know not a humvee but yall get the idea

Skrilex

Banned
I'm actually not thinking polished aluminum, rather a raw look like sand blasted. I had a jetboat that was bead blasted and left for a few years. It got some stains and areas of discoloration from rain but overall it still looked pretty cool. And I discovered a product called shark hide that is like a metal sealer and can prevent corrosion for a few years. I suppose it would depend on the grade of aluminum how powdery and corroded it would try to get.