• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 08, June 19-22

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are y'all thinking?

We have May... Aberdeen may be too close for some

June... I like early June for weather.

July... HOT, but still will show up.

August... more of the same

September...May interfere with GA Rally

Who's planning to attend?

See if I can remember who came before.
How about it Chris(SS)? Make sure we plan it so you can make it. Missed ya last year!
Looks like Westech is out. Some silly excuse about joining the army.

Gimpy, Junkyard, Stan, Oilcan, Eholim, Fredradar, Maddawg, JW4x4, Hookin1, Not sure if Eddic made it out, Gilbert, Lil'john, Longhunter, Steelsoldiers, Westech. My two Buds, Dan(rainbowboxer), and beer guzzler/woman hunter Chris.

Ofivet, Kipman, and oldgrunt were talking about this year.

I know I missed some people, Guy that wasn't on the site showed up with a M35, can't remember his name, sure I missed some other ones.

Dennis

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Set a date, Haspin 08

I submit my vote for mid to late June. Right around turn of Spring-Summer would be good.

Early June is fine too, but I'd prefer some more time to fix up some vehicles prior to coming to Haspin. That's just me, though.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Junkyard wars crusher wrote in another Haspin thread:
My annual family vacation is Sat. June 28th. till Sat. July 5th. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, no Haspin during that time. Anything else is good.

Ditto on what Gimpy said. Haspin was/is THE original Steel Soldiers get together. 2008 will be the fourth year. In the past, we've had members coming from Wisconsin, Missouri, Virginia, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana (but strangely, none from Michigan, where are the wolverines?!?!?)

Even if you can't bring an MV, come anyway and hang out, . . . There are lots of empty seats!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

We would prefer earlier in June, but I'm sure we might get a better turn out the 18th-21st.

Stan

July and August are a bit warm. I had to schedule my time off for "08 in Oct. "07, so
my vote would be for the June 18 - 21 time frame.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What specific dates could you make it Westech? Will the girlfriend shoot you if you use your leave time for Haspin? Going to have enough time to get ready?

Westech

CPL
thats about it there dude... last week in June first week in July. but Jeff's family stuff is then. I get ten days off in that time frame (have to be at the army office but I know I could get out of it Friday and the weekend no porb) I do get 30 days off a year but I dont think they will let me out that soon after training. you guys do your stuff and I will try to make it work. if I get a solid date in the next 5 days I can go in to the army and ask it off.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, and the second week puts it on 4th of july. Let the Poll/thread run for a couple of days, then see if 18-21 of june works for everyone, or if another date needs set.

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks