• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cabell, Ferro and I will be coming from the SE, along I-64 to Lexington KY and then north on I-75/I-74 around WKRP-town. Last couple years I came from the I-70 route from the north. SO, long story short, I'm not sure on any gas stations south of Laurel, IN, that have diesel and enough space to turn around in.

Some help please?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ehh, not great service stations, but they do have diesel. Pull in, pull out might be tight, but they are along the way. I'll have to let you know later where at. Its BEFORE Laural for the last one, I think.

wilson1010

Brookville and Metamora both have diesel stations with reasonable access. I think the little station in Laurel has diesel, but has no room to maneuver. I find the best route to be I-74 to US 52 to Indiana 121. Best station is on the south side of Brookville just as you come into town.

PS, don't even think about taking 229 from I-74 to Metamora. Its a nightmare in a big rig.

Westech

CPL
I'm just going to bring a 5 gallon Jerry can and fill up the blazer before I get there. should be enough fuel for a couple days.... if not just get more in the fuel can.

the exit off 74 and hwy 1 there are 3 stations there with diesel 1 across the hwy is easy in and out brookville has a coop that is easy to get into and out of also couple in medimora there is fuel on the way also place just as you come into laurel from the south

Matt1970M35A

Last year Laurel did not have diesel I had to go to medimora easy get in get out with a empty lot to turn around in. I have some wvo for who ever needs it. hope to get more this weekend

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I am not bringing a truck this year I'll have my Dodge 4x4 to pull my travel trailer and I can and make fuel runs if needed for anyone bringing cans to use.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diesel? why does the station have to have diesel? LOL. :-D

I'm bringing a tote with about 200 gal of WVO and WMO. Should burn quite a bit of it on the way there and back. I'm not going to trail ride my 109 (not planning too anyway)

Maddawg, have you and Cabell figured out when and where we are meeting up? I haven't heard anything...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talked to Cabell yesterday, Adam. He said he was going to give you a call.

The route we kinda talked about was, me come down I-81 and take I-64 west to Beckley, WV. I meet you and Cabell at the rest stop there, and continue west on I-77/64 to Lexington KY, then north to Cincinnati, OH, and around to Laurel, IN.

CGarbee

I'm alive... :)
Inbox at work was overfilled so much that my entire desk was covered with junk when I got in yesterday... just now getting some time to do something "productive"...

I'll give both Adam and Mike a call tonight about the route and times, but here is what I am thinking:
Adam: I'll meet you at the truckstop off I-77 in Pine Ridge, NC (27030) near Mt. Airy. It is just off NC89 at 4350 W. Pine Street (on Plaza Lane). That way, you can run up I-77 from your place, and I can run over on i-74 (they meet just north of the Pine Ridge). From there, we can run up I-77 to I-64 an on to Beckley to meet up with Mike.

Mike: We can meet up a the truckstop off I-64/77 that is on the north side of Beckley on Vankirk Drive...

Google Maps says it is 150 miles from my house to Pine Ridge, and then another 120 miles from there to the truckstop in Beckley...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do we need any firewood for the site? I'm planning on swinging down to the local warehouse and pick up some junk pallets to cut up for firewood, unless someone else is bringing a pile already....

Oh, and someone needs to bring magnesium.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will bring 3 torpedos :twisted:

I can bring pallets as well.

Cabell, Sounds good. It says the truck stop is 189 miles from me. Are we planning on leaving early on Wed and driving up? or Tuesday night? I may drive up tuesday night when I get off work and just wait in Pine Ridge until Wed morning when you get there.

I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with this ice machine, I will keep tinkering with it but right now getting the 109 ready is more important. I have a tote that is potable water ready, should I bring it so we have a steady supply of fresh water right close to the MKT?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually bring some firewood, mostly for cooking...

O, Hi dan.(he's viewing the thread also..)

oilcan

If someone brings a decent chainsaw we can probably drag out a downed tree or three and go to town on it. If I remember correctly, that was encouraged at this park. (No live-tree cutting, though!)

I'd volunteer my saw but it wouldn't cut a watermellon, let alone a tree...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks