• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

jw4x4

Ya, ya. I vill brrring me Husqvarna. And oh yes, a small quantity of magnesium tent bones and my squirt bottle. Welding goggles are optional.

i am bringing doors , front racks , gauges ,light bulbs, black out covers for 109 box, mirrors with spots built in, heater control cables, oil filters,fuel filters, 1.5" x 20', 2"x 20', 4"x20'fuel hoses,24 volt fuel pumps, transmission pto unit , drive shaft for winch anything else anyone needs

Last edited:

wilson1010

I have been going to Haspin for a long time. I really like it because of the diverse terrain, and at 950 acres, there are endless combinations of trails. But, for those who have never been there, I do want to point out that there are local low-lifes who go into Haspin every weekend to steal everything from your beer to your 600lb ATV. There are no patrolling cops or security cameras or checkout procedures, so they can just ride out with your stuff.

Here's a recent story:

Theft

Plan for night time thieves when you set up camp. I don't need to tell a bunch of ex-military guys how to do that, do I?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been going to Haspin for a long time. I really like it because of the diverse terrain, and at 950 acres, there are endless combinations of trails. But, for those who have never been there, I do want to point out that there are local low-lifes who go into Haspin every weekend to steal everything from your beer to your 600lb ATV. There are no patrolling cops or security cameras or checkout procedures, so they can just ride out with your stuff.

Here's a recent story:

Theft

Plan for night time thieves when you set up camp. I don't need to tell a bunch of ex-military guys how to do that, do I?
Thanks for the story - good to keep in mind. We try to keep at least one person in camp at all times, in order to keep the vermin away, we haven't had a problem before, as far as I can remember.

However, I do not need to explain to most Steel Soldiers that I don't take kindly to thieves.

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DHW and I are hitting the road in 30 min. See you there!

CGarbee

I'm pulling out after work tonight (actually, I'm going to slide out a little early and do the last minute food pickup...) so that I can meet up with Ferro...

Spent part of last night tightening the "newish" belts on the XM813 that finally got stretched on the trip up to Aberdeen. Hope that is the last adjustment on them for a while...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cruising out of here in a few hours. The truck is loaded and I checked everything maintenance wise on the truck, seems okay for at least the trip there. Good thing I'm hooking up with buds halfway there, I always feel safer in convoy.

See you all there!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finished loading my new commercial generator and some firewood and fuel cans. The truck is hooked to the travel trailer and all I have to do is wait for stretch to come thru on I70.

See ya

oilcan

I haven't decided if I'm leaving tonight so I can get there crazy-early, or just head out in the morning sometime. All my potential co-drivers/navigators left me hangin' and I hate missing turns in the dark.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Head out in the AM and come to the house or meet me on I70 in Brookville and wait for stretch.

He said he would be coming through about 11AM.

steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks