• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have a running M925A1 in Richmond,VA needs to go to Miami, FL

scootertrs

Low mile/hour M925A1 truck needs to leave Richmond, VA and come down to Miami, FL. Working out the finances as I speak. Truck obviously has never (if at all) been run. I would be hesitant to do a shakedown trip thats over 900 miles long. Anybody with a trailer coming back empty? I am familiar with deuces and 800 series trucks. the 900 series is all new to me, but I need a larger cab and this fits the bill.

OK invoice is paid and truck is ready for pick up.

Thanks

Last edited:

bigugh20

Scott, decodeme2 is up near there, in Anapolis I believe. Maybe he could pick it up and go over it for you then you could go up and drive it back. Just a thought.

scootertrs

will contact him in the am.if we can make it happen, it would be spectacular... just have my doubts, but enthusiasm typically tramples them... will begin research on a recovery of such a beast.-got a number for the guy?

scootertrs

Thanks all, but lined up a hauler through uship... Of course, no sooner had I given him the deposit, decodeme2 contacts me. Well, it was not to be this time, but I like working with my SS bretheren... for sure next time.

scootertrs

Guys, she is home... What a beast... the winch has never been unrolled, I have an AC kit, gotta see about getting it on. looks everybit like a 1200 mile, 37 hour truck should, still has the gear shift lever instructions hanging... Truck rides and handles like a new truck (maybe because it is...) I like that extra room in the cab. I was told by the DMV that since it is not 30 years old, it will be different to title than my 818 or my deuce. Any input from experienced Florida guys?

scootertrs

They are coming... truck was delivered at work b/c I needed to make a ramp out of mulch to get it off the step deck. BTW - That suspension really goes a long way... I was impressed... truck did not even tilt, yet the rear tires rocked over 2 feet... I was impressed. Now I have to bring it from the job site to the house... gotta figure if I can "slicky boy" it home without a tag (or SF97) while the ppwk is in the works. Thing runs like a sewing machine... a very loud, large, sewing machine -:)

scootertrs

IMG_1464.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_1462.jpgIMG_1461.jpgIMG_1460.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1458.jpgIMG_1457.jpgIMG_1465.jpgIMG_1466.jpgOK, here are more pics... Deuce fire truck looks small next to the 925... each one has a special place in my heart though... 925 is specially nice... gotta love a deuce though... I cannot get over it... 1200 miles, in 26 years? I cannot wait to get it DIRTY!!! Look at that undercarriage...

Last edited:

jwesley74

Guys, she is home... What a beast... the winch has never been unrolled, I have an AC kit, gotta see about getting it on. looks everybit like a 1200 mile, 37 hour truck should, still has the gear shift lever instructions hanging... Truck rides and handles like a new truck (maybe because it is...) I like that extra room in the cab. I was told by the DMV that since it is not 30 years old, it will be different to title than my 818 or my deuce. Any input from experienced Florida guys?
I have a M923 and requested title from GL. About 45 days later I got a FL title in the mail from GL for the M923. Weight on it was 21,600. No issues transferring title to my name. It's a 1983 and I tried for an antique plate on 12/26/12 and they said wait til after 1/1/13 and I could get antique plate. Only $70 versus about $350 for a standard plate. So if your far from 30 yrs old, it will cost somewhere around $350 for a standard plate with a annual registration of around $290. But as the title goes, if you bought from GL, do the SF97 request and since you live in FL they will send you a FL title, not an SF97. I'm not sure why that is, because I bought a Ford F350 from GL in Ft Meade, brought truck back to FL and GL mailed me a SF97 that I took down to tax collector office and they issued FL title on the spot from the SF97. So I don't know why it's different like that. BTW, I live across the state from you in Port Charlotte. Going on recovery next week to Atlanta to get M925. You should try to come out to Redneck Yacht Club in Punta Gorda weekend of April 5. I will be there with M925. Good luck!

jwesley74

Guys, trying to get the sf97 and have the weight... 23275... ? is the GVWR?
That is the weight you give on SF97 request. You should get FL title in the mail from GL with that weight on the title. When you register the truck, you declare your GVWR, in FL if you declare 26,000 you can drive with standard Class E license, unless you have CDL. If you declare what the truck is rated for, i.e. 33,275 or whatever, since it's over the 26,000 you are required to have CDL to operate. The only difference is if you truly intend on hauling heavy loads on hwy/roads and risk DOT pulling you over. If your not hauling heavy, then just declare 26,000 and keep it simple. I declared 26,000 GVWR because I have class E and don't want issues if I got pulled over. I don't haul anything heavy. I plan on towing a trailer but it weighs less than 4000 so I still wouldn't exceed 26,000

scootertrs

Thank you for the help. I think I will make the trip to the West coast... as it is, I may be a neighbor and live closer soon. I have just about had my fill of Miami Dade FK&* county. Seems my taxes on a yearly basis are a nice mortgage payment. I own my business and they just TRIPLED my taxes on my "industrial land" where I run a wood recycling business. After I explained that I cannot afford it with my business, they then said (with a stoic look) that maybe my business was not the highest and best use for my property. It was hard to not "change" their expression, but remembering that these government officials have tipically never worked for a living a single day of their lives, I figured that my argument would fall on deaf ears and be a waste. Keep me posted on the events please.

Be safe sir, and have a nice weekend
I have a M923 and requested title from GL. About 45 days later I got a FL title in the mail from GL for the M923. Weight on it was 21,600. No issues transferring title to my name. It's a 1983 and I tried for an antique plate on 12/26/12 and they said wait til after 1/1/13 and I could get antique plate. Only $70 versus about $350 for a standard plate. So if your far from 30 yrs old, it will cost somewhere around $350 for a standard plate with a annual registration of around $290. But as the title goes, if you bought from GL, do the SF97 request and since you live in FL they will send you a FL title, not an SF97. I'm not sure why that is, because I bought a Ford F350 from GL in Ft Meade, brought truck back to FL and GL mailed me a SF97 that I took down to tax collector office and they issued FL title on the spot from the SF97. So I don't know why it's different like that. BTW, I live across the state from you in Port Charlotte. Going on recovery next week to Atlanta to get M925. You should try to come out to Redneck Yacht Club in Punta Gorda weekend of April 5. I will be there with M925. Good luck!

scootertrs

I am sure it wont be so pretty a few months for now... but it will be "experienced". My GF is still my favorite... she is my deuce and .5 fire truck, and everything works...

Last edited:

hankstrucks

It is not the true millage because The truck is a rebuild. It is in nice shape and you should not have any issues . Drain the air tanks In sequence as instructed and use a good 15 w 40 oil. Do not run the tires with low air on the road way. The side walls will heat on the super singles and it will shred. It is a lot of fun to change a super single alone it can be done but it is nothing I look forward too. Hank

hankstrucks

Do not forget. Important. Do not use low range in reverse you will frag the drive train back in high range. Pull out in low range 10 wt in the tranny see it thru the little door in the cab floor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks