• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you broke this yet?

aaron379

So my front end has been covered in oil... front oil seal no big deal (so I thought) tore down only to find this being the cause of my problem.......NOT GOOD lucky Hooty481 hooked me up with a new-to-me one and now I'm just sitting and waiting on the key to get here so I can get it back together.... what a nightmare

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Your oil pump is just below that. While everything is apart, make sure the oil pump bearings are ok. I had one break on me.

bjsmith

i have only seen one break but that was on a friends small block chevy after a head on collision but it broke the end of the crank off

G-Force

It broke at the keyway right? This usually means that the groove of the keyway wasn't raduised at the corners. When you have a sharp angle like that it will usually start to develop a crack. I've seen this happen on shafts of screw pumps when they don't radius the key slots. They will usually last a long time until one day they let loose. i also run into this on centrifuge bowl parts but they usually run for years (out of warranty) before a crack develops deep enough to be noticed.

Last edited:

aaron379

It broke at the keyway right? This usually means that the groove of the keyway wasn't raduised at the corners. When you have a sharp angle like that it will usually start to develop a crack. I've seen this happen on shafts of screw pumps when they don't radius the key slots. They will usually last a long time until one day they let loose. i also run into this on centrifuge bowl parts but they usually run for years (out of warranty) before a crack develops deep enough to be noticed.
it was dead center of the key way

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks