• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you broke this yet?

aaron379

So my front end has been covered in oil... front oil seal no big deal (so I thought) tore down only to find this being the cause of my problem.......NOT GOOD lucky Hooty481 hooked me up with a new-to-me one and now I'm just sitting and waiting on the key to get here so I can get it back together.... what a nightmare

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Your oil pump is just below that. While everything is apart, make sure the oil pump bearings are ok. I had one break on me.

bjsmith

i have only seen one break but that was on a friends small block chevy after a head on collision but it broke the end of the crank off

G-Force

It broke at the keyway right? This usually means that the groove of the keyway wasn't raduised at the corners. When you have a sharp angle like that it will usually start to develop a crack. I've seen this happen on shafts of screw pumps when they don't radius the key slots. They will usually last a long time until one day they let loose. i also run into this on centrifuge bowl parts but they usually run for years (out of warranty) before a crack develops deep enough to be noticed.

Last edited:

aaron379

It broke at the keyway right? This usually means that the groove of the keyway wasn't raduised at the corners. When you have a sharp angle like that it will usually start to develop a crack. I've seen this happen on shafts of screw pumps when they don't radius the key slots. They will usually last a long time until one day they let loose. i also run into this on centrifuge bowl parts but they usually run for years (out of warranty) before a crack develops deep enough to be noticed.
it was dead center of the key way