• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you named you truck?

uriss

Arriving at the front door of a friends house, way back at the end stretch of two miles of almost impassable road (at least for his monster truck) stood his little daughter. She was amazed I made it but knew for a certainty I would never pull her dad's truck back out. We chained up his truck and about fifteen minutes of slogging through the mud and door high water got him to high ground. At which point she named my deuce the swamp rat. Just like a nutria rat she claimed it could go anywhere in the swamp. Didn't want to burst her bubble about that aspect but the name stuck. Every time they come by she hollers "Hi swamp rat!"

71DeuceAK

Don't own an MV yet but have a possible Deuce acquisition within the year. Coworkers came up with a great idea: "Greasy Deucey" (Running a Deuce on used cooking oil). Mine was "The Pallet Jack". (You know, those hand-operated ones). Idea being that it would fit a lot of pallets for those college student pallet fires.

FloridaAKM

I named my Deuce "Betsy" after a girlfriend I had back in the 70's who was from North Georgia. The truck came from WRAFB in Georgia & I drove it home from Blue Ridge, Georgia back in May of 2014! The next truck already has a name picked out for her & it will probably be a LMTV (M1078) if I get all my ducks in a row!

I wonder why I can't get M-1078 to print in the last sentence? Anyway "Amy" or some variation will be the name in honor of my Boss Lady years ago who is responsible for me being alive for the last 12 years....quite fitting in my book! She thinks a little different! :?

Last edited:

KaiserM109

My deuce, WONUUA because that was stenciled on the hood and doors when I got it.

WONUAA.jpg

The M923A1, Sinko, a corruption of "cinco" (Spanish for 5) because it is a 5 ton and "sink" because it was a sink hole for money even before I got it home.

Towed home.jpg
Dead transmission after 1800 miles from Ft. Benning, GA and 16 miles from its storage spot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks