• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

head gasket symptoms

paladin1176

I poked around yesterday looking and figured I would ask here. I think I have a head gasket that has let go, but I REALLY don't want to just take it apart unless I have to. Here is what I have going on. Over the last few months I have noticed a pretty decent loss of coolant. Part attributed to the new radiator I had to put in, but I continue to lose coolant. Around the same time I started noticing that when under load (accelerating, dropping down a gear, hitting hills) I get a hazy cloud behind me. At night it's very noticeable, during the day it is fairly hard to see...but it's HUGE. I haven't had any real problems other than a slight bit of poor acceleration. Checked the oil last week and it was clear. Checked the coolant and it didn't have any sludge in it. Am I missing something or is there an easy check before I start pulling this thing off? My biggest fear is that I have a cracked head and I will have to replace it quickly because this is my daily driver.