• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

head gasket symptoms

paladin1176

I poked around yesterday looking and figured I would ask here. I think I have a head gasket that has let go, but I REALLY don't want to just take it apart unless I have to. Here is what I have going on. Over the last few months I have noticed a pretty decent loss of coolant. Part attributed to the new radiator I had to put in, but I continue to lose coolant. Around the same time I started noticing that when under load (accelerating, dropping down a gear, hitting hills) I get a hazy cloud behind me. At night it's very noticeable, during the day it is fairly hard to see...but it's HUGE. I haven't had any real problems other than a slight bit of poor acceleration. Checked the oil last week and it was clear. Checked the coolant and it didn't have any sludge in it. Am I missing something or is there an easy check before I start pulling this thing off? My biggest fear is that I have a cracked head and I will have to replace it quickly because this is my daily driver.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks