• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello everyone, new here.

11DG

Hello, I'm looking to buy an M1025A2 from Eastern surplus. Iv all ways wanted a HMMWV since I was a child. I'm diving into the deep end, death and glory.

Any advice, must knows, to-do's. Iv tried looking for the TM and can't find any for 1025's. Also any advice on tag, title, ect in NC. What about insurance?

Thanks for any help.

BLK HMMWV

Hello, I'm looking to buy an M1025A2 from Eastern surplus. Iv all ways wanted a HMMWV since I was a child. I'm diving into the deep end, death and glory.

Any advice, must knows, to-do's. Iv tried looking for the TM and can't find any for 1025's. Also any advice on tag, title, ect in NC. What about insurance?

Thanks for any help.
Welcome
Your 1025 falls under the M998 TM's
Top of the first page under TM section
Look for TM-9-2320-280-10
TM-9-2320-280-3
Will get you started.

11DG

Welcome
Your 1025 falls under the M998 TM's
Top of the first page under TM section
Look for TM-9-2320-280-10
TM-9-2320-280-3
Will get you started.
Cool thanks. Isn't there like four manuals? Like the cucv -10 -24 -34 -34P? I'm assuming the -3 is like the -24? Intermediate unit level maintenance?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any of the manuals starting with 9-2320-280 are the A0-A2 HMMWV variants, including the M1025A2. There are 2 -24P parts manuals, 3 of the -20 level shop manuals (though you mostly only need the first 2) and the -30 level are depot level maintenance.
In total there are something like 8 or 9 manuals.

Insurance a lot of people use Haggerty, though I added mine to my Progressive commercial policy.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cover page of any particular TM will list the vehicle models for which it is applicable (example attached below). Earlier vehicles will have different versions of TM's 9-2320-### that may not be applicable to more recent ECV/REV vehicles.

IMG_6673.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for any help.
Welcome to the Outfit!

Shop the insurance. It is worth asking several different companies what they have to offer. Farm Bureau is a possibility. They have several trucks on my policy and mine is a commercial policy for the best price for me. I have one HMMWV and several 5-Tons on it.

REMEMBER what you are buying. It won't be brand new. Consider that it just gets looked at and maybe driven around the lot. Expect it to eat your time for a while until you have gone through it from front to back. Wiring needs to be cleaned up. There are places that need to be cleaned and coated with anti-oxidant paste. That job will take you a couple of days to do - but the gremlins will get their time in the sunlight if you don't...

Take pictures of whatever you get and post them up!

11DG

Welcome to the Outfit!

Shop the insurance. It is worth asking several different companies what they have to offer. Farm Bureau is a possibility. They have several trucks on my policy and mine is a commercial policy for the best price for me. I have one HMMWV and several 5-Tons on it.

REMEMBER what you are buying. It won't be brand new. Consider that it just gets looked at and maybe driven around the lot. Expect it to eat your time for a while until you have gone through it from front to back. Wiring needs to be cleaned up. There are places that need to be cleaned and coated with anti-oxidant paste. That job will take you a couple of days to do - but the gremlins will get their time in the sunlight if you don't...

Take pictures of whatever you get and post them up!

I'm vibrating with excitement at the thought of getting neck deep in it. I'm single, no children and have a big garage. I wake up at 6:30 on the weekends and go straight to the garage, usually in pajamas and start playing. So bring it on, I'll rip that truck to pieces.

11DG

Thought, does anyone know the vertical height of the hmmwv's open hood. My garage ceiling might be a bit low.

11DG

any of the manuals starting with 9-2320-280 are the A0-A2 HMMWV variants, including the M1025A2. There are 2 -24P parts manuals, 3 of the -20 level shop manuals (though you mostly only need the first 2) and the -30 level are depot level maintenance.
In total there are something like 8 or 9 manuals.

Insurance a lot of people use Haggerty, though I added mine to my Progressive commercial policy.
Thank you, for that information. I intend on acquiring and printing all of them. Probably will go through and weed alot of stuff out. But thank you.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just as a warning, you're talking about 8k pages, including some that are larger format and would be 4-6 pages by themselves

It's a lot more efficient to just print the sections you need as you need them, rather than using up 4k pages of paper and multiple ink cartridges. I'm not sure how much a print shop would charge, but I'm sure it's not cheap.

Only place I could find that actually lists a price was $0.054 per page, which would be a little over $400, not including any binding or anything like that.

11DG

Eastern just sold all of their 1025a2's, so my heart is braking as my child hood dream slips away. I guess I'll just go to work, it's going to be one of those days.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eastern just sold all of their 1025a2's, so my heart is braking as my child hood dream slips away. I guess I'll just go to work, it's going to be one of those days.
There are literally TONS for sale.

I even will be selling my A0 M1025 with upgraded bullet proof four speed tranny.

There is also GovPlanet and Steve RWH and the Steel Soldiers Classified Section.

It’s all good brother.

There are plenty of fish in the sea. Give it time brother. You will find what you want.

MattNC

I'm in NC and have a 998 that I've owned/modified for 5 years now.

Watch govplanet, earlier in the year they had M1097 HMMWV's and a few others for auction north of raleigh in Butner. They may have some come through again. The govplanet route I've used for a few items. It can be anywhere from weeks to 7 months in my experience to get something street legal in NC from govplanet as you need gov paperwork to clear, govplanet to generate an out of state title, then you go to the DMV and get it NC titled and licensed.

As another option look up Corey Walters @ KPJ military customs in lumberton, his business is on facebook. He always has some street legal ones ready to go and he is very honest and can go through them mechanically. He has some great options up for sale right now.

Insurance I have through Hagerty given its a 30 year old M998. Very good insurance and cost effective.

Depending on where you are some inspection stations refuse to see the HMMWV here in central NC. They are not supposed to refuse it, but they do. Mine turned 30 years old and is now inspection-free. For those less than 30 years old NC will require a basic safety inspection. You'll basically need to ensure mechanically the steering and suspension is in good shape, the lights all work including brights on the headlight, turnsignals, and add a license plate hold that can be tied into the rear marker light to illuminate it (buy a led one that can handle 24volts).

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I wanted a Humvee for California off road driving, I placed an advertisement in the classifieds section here on Steel Soldiers Forum. Within a day I was contacted by retired warhorses/Steve Kavanaugh with a deal that I just could not resist.

If you want an M 1025, you should consider doing the same and use the classified section here, in addition to looking at the govplanet auctions and even Ebay.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks