• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Boston,MA

hectore3

M-37.jpgM-37pic2.jpg

Glad to have found this site on the suggestion of a friend. Just bought this M-37 last week. HMMV wheels with 37 inch tires. Flathead 6 is gone. Was replaced with a 300ci Ford straight 6 and a SM465 4 speed manual, 5.83 gears. Looks to be fairly solid so far with a few fluid leaks and whatever other surprises crop up.

Not looking to do anything too radical. Would like to go with 4.88 gears,M-Series disc kit, LED lighting and when cash permits fuel injection/Gear Vendors OD. Hope to pick the hive mind on here for knowledge and lessons learned for a successful build. Thank you all for having me.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome from KS. If possible can you put up a close up picture of the wheels, it looks like they are the early 8 bolt wheel but have 5 lugs.

Carl_in_NH

Greetings from NH.

Why not cruise up to NH next Friday / Saturday for the Weare Rally? Should get your fill of green iron to view there, and it's not too far away. Check www.mvmvc.org for more info.

hectore3

I will do that hopefully this week along with other pics of interior,engine bay etc. Like I responded to another poster I bought this truck sight unseen except in the parking lot at work a few months ago. Out of character for me as I'm pretty conservative regarding sales like this. But the seller has been a friend for going on 15 years so I trust him.

Desoto,KS? One of my many military buddies live in Mulvane,KS. Thank you again for the warm invite.

hectore3

Thank you for the heads up! I didn't know such an event existed in the Northeast. I'm hoping to get everything transferred and good to go by Tuesday-Wednesday of this week. If that plan works I will be trucking up there slow as all get out haha!

Artisan

Looks sweet! I was born in Worcester and raised
till 12 in Oakdale, a suburb if W Boylston...a LONG time
ago, like 45 years ago...

Nice rig!

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from just south of you on Cape Cod. Will be attending the show in NH but not driving the M923. Still a few more bugs to work out.