• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from CT, M831A Question

Guyfang

Staff member
Get smart first. See if you can not talk to the folks about getting a MEP-831A instead, or money back. If not see if you can adjust the hertz up. And last, but first thing I would do is PM Dewie.

Hookoil

Get smart first. See if you can not talk to the folks about getting a MEP-831A instead, or money back. If not see if you can adjust the hertz up. And last, but first thing I would do is PM Dewie.
I did PM Dewie, but have not heard back yet. I am supposed to pick it up at 9am this morning. Hopefully I hear from him by then

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I said by PM... I think the ball is in your court. You have 8 days from auction end to pick it up I think I saw. Square the discrepancy away with Richie Bros first.

Dewie38

I came up with the concept of the 50 Hz 3 kW for the European market but DRS being DRS they never took off.
The unit is actually built around the 3 kW 400 Hz unit and has a 50 Hz inverter,
The 60Hz inverter will not adjust down to 50Hz and the 50Hz inverter will not adjust up to 60Hz.

Guyfang

Staff member
I came up with the concept of the 50 Hz 3 kW for the European market but DRS being DRS they never took off.
The unit is actually built around the 3 kW 400 Hz unit and has a 50 Hz inverter,
The 60Hz inverter will not adjust down to 50Hz and the 50Hz inverter will not adjust up to 60Hz.

As always, thanks Dewie.

Hookoil

Thank you very much Dewie, I plan on calling them @9 this morning to explain how they listed it wrong.

Hookoil

Let us know how you make out with the auction house
I certainly will, so far I have called them and explained to a lady what was going on. She had to transfer me to someone in inside sales. No one answered the phone so I left a message if I don’t hear back by 10 I will try again.

Hookoil

SoI talked with Cindy, she will be calling over to where the generators are and find out what it actually is. You can see in the two pics I posted one tag says 50 hertz the other 60 hertz. These tags are suppose to be on the same generator, however she want to see if they mixed up the pictures when posting. She said that sometimes happens and it could be a picture from a 960-01-500 that was mistakenly posted on a 831A auction. She also said if that's not the case she will look to see if they have a 831A that they could substitute. I told her as long as its in like condition and hours I would be fine with that. If all that fails they will refund me.
Said she will get back to me in a few hours because that's normally what it takes but I should hear back by the end of the day. Fingers crossed

Hookoil

Still waiting to hear back, called them again today and they have a supervisor going to check out the unit. If it’s not a MEP 831A they will hopefully refund me. Will keep you informed

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any luck? Waiting on a call back from them too about something else... customer attentiveness is not their strong suit.

Hookoil

Any luck? Waiting on a call back from them too about something else... customer attentiveness is not their strong suit.
You are correct they are not very attentive. I soft of made some progress, I was emailed a dispute form to sign and say why I am disputing as well as a "preferred Resolution" I just filled that out and emailed it to them. Hopefully I will hear back soon. My preferred resolution is to either replace it with a true MEP831A in similar condition to the one I bid on or a full refund.

jmenende

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you 100% positive? There were auctions last Wed/Thur that were called out as not being 831As, but an alternate part number and a lot of similar images. If the heading says that, but the content does not... you might have grounds with Richie Bros. You might not too, if the alternate photos were shown in the listing. Care to share the actual listing you won against? Even if its via private message.
Im glad i lost all the bids i placed for these units. Did they turn out to be fakes?

Dewie38

There were 10, 10 kW's and I believe about 15 3kW's 7 of them were 50 Hz that were built by DRS in hopes of selling them all commercially but the wanted what they sold them to the government for them.
So they have been sitting around for at least 5 years.
Not all are fakes just the 50Hz 3 kW's

Ray70

As LITD mentioned earlier, the 50Hz. machines were clearly advertised as such. The title of the listing was different and the tags clearly showed 50Hz. and were advertised as 50 hz Export machines not Mep-831's. It will be interesting to see if you received the wrong machine or if they mixed up the pictures in your auction listing.
Does the SN in your listing match the machine you received?
Either way if your listing was for an 831 and you received a 50Hz export you should have some recourse with Richie Bros.

Hookoil

I have been waiting on a reply from Ritchie Bro’s. They told me 3-5 business days to investigate and get back to me. It’s been 7 business days now and I have heard nothing even though I tried calling sat on hold for 35 min. And then hung up on. I also emailed them for a reply and have gotten none. I am about to claim a fraud charge on my credit card. I talked with them and explained the situation but decided to give Ritchie a few more days. That was this past Friday I was hoping to hear from them today but nothing. Not sure what to do here. The place that hired Ritchie bro’s called me to see when I am picking it up and told them the situation. They said to let them know when I hear from the auction house. What do you guys think I should do?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks