• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from CT, M831A Question

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would call them, and get them to cancel the auction bid over the phone with you (with the cancellation confirmed by email). If they don't let the CC company handle it.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have proven they arent calling you back (they never called me back either). Call them and demand they release you from the charge. If they blow you off again, credit card company does its thing. Don't let jerks have their way, I certainly wouldnt. You just got rock solid confirmation of your answer from Dewie... you don't want what they have.

Hookoil

I know that's why I contacted DRS to verify for you that it is in fact a 50Hz.
Thank you for that. Tomorrow I will try calling them one last time then I will call the CC company. Was told that process would take approx. 90 day though was hoping for a faster resolution. Oh well.

Hookoil

At 10:17 pm last night, a Sunday I got a email from the dispute manager saying my claim is invalid but we will refund $100 as a ”courtesy”. I guess I will just go to the CC company and let them figure it out. I don’t think I will even try to call the dispute manager, it would only provide more frustration.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will lock your account

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Would you want to do business with a company who has told you to screw? I am SURE the original poster can find a machine he desires anywhere without these Ritchie Bros fools. Iron Planet keeps going down hill under their ownership... I have seen and experienced it first hand.

Scoobyshep

Want to no, tolerate a set amount of bullshit when the alternative companys are limited? Yes to a degree

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well you tell me if a $2000+ purchase that is not as described, you would follow through with if you had to? 831s are no rare bird. If the OP wants one, very easy to acquire any day of the week whether on craigslist, ebay, or via a SS reseller.

Hookoil

I could care less if they block or lock my account. After dealing with their customer service (Or lack of) for two weeks they can pound sand. I would never buy another thing from them. I am going the CC route today, sucks I was hoping for a resolution with them but it is what it is. I believe they knowingly listed several generators wrong. They hoped people like me would bid on a listing that was wrong after so many correct listings. Seems odd that the 50hertz generators were clumped together at the end of the 60hertz. If this was a true mistake they would have been scattered throughout the auction that day or it would have been one listing not several.

Scoobyshep

Well you tell me if a $2000+ purchase that is not as described, you would follow through with if you had to? 831s are no rare bird. If the OP wants one, very easy to acquire any day of the week whether on craigslist, ebay, or via a SS reseller.
What I would do and what another would do re probably 2 different things.

Scoobyshep

I could care less if they block or lock my account. After dealing with their customer service (Or lack of) for two weeks they can pound sand. I would never buy another thing from them. I am going the CC route today, sucks I was hoping for a resolution with them but it is what it is. I believe they knowingly listed several generators wrong. They hoped people like me would bid on a listing that was wrong after so many correct listings. Seems odd that the 50hertz generators were clumped together at the end of the 60hertz. If this was a true mistake they would have been scattered throughout the auction that day or it would have been one listing not several.
Its too bad they couldn't come up with a more mutually beneficial resolution

Hookoil

Looks like I bought your generator. I was told everything was straightened out by the fork lift operator at Farmont in Bridgeport, CT. Sorry.
not sure what they mean by everything straightened out?
I could not get a straight answer from them at all and they would not refund due to listing it wrong. Can I ask what you plan on using it for? It’s 50hertz and I would be afraid of screwing up circuit boards and such.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks