• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Melbourne Australia

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a big welcome to you. we are a great group of guys playing with the coolest toys in the world. i have always wanted to go to austrailia. that is one super nice looking land.. you have to send me some pics of it.. glad you came one. if you hurry you can make it to the la rally.. its only a few thousand miles. :grd:

droopypete

a big welcome to you. we are a great group of guys playing with the coolest toys in the world. i have always wanted to go to austrailia. that is one super nice looking land.. you have to send me some pics of it.. glad you came one. if you hurry you can make it to the la rally.. its only a few thousand miles. :grd:
I was over there the year before last for a holiday, thinking about were to go this year as summer is over and it is starting to cool off, our dollar is kicking goals at the moment, so everywhere is reasonbly priced.
Peter.

droopypete

Welcome Peter. What is the military vehicle scene like down under? :D
I am not active in the MV scene at the moment (that may change soon) but the Australian army uses different vehicles to you fella's over there, some the same but most different, I have been involved with 4x4's for many years and through my work in the film industry, I purchased a Kaiser 6x6 that was built up for a kids TV show, it was disposed off a few years back without my knowledge (for a song) and I am thinking about building something similar with my son (can't beat a bit of quality time in the shed with your son) finding a suitable platform to start with is posing a problem at the moment, but I will use this down time to research, enter SS.
Peter.

droopypete

Welcome Peter...hope you had a great Summer, I'm looking forward to ours.

I so want to goto a MotoGP race at Phillips Island.

Larry:beer:
We have some great motor sport in Victoria and indeed the rest of the country,
Philip Island is an amazing venue and well worth the trip (forget the bloody penguins:grin:) and it is only 45 mins from my place.
If you like tin top racing the premier event on the Australian motor sport calendar is Bathhurst, it is Ford vs Holden (GM) on a twisting mountain circuit, there is also Indy cars at the gold coast and F1 at Albert Park, I was there this year with my son, they are loud!!!!!:shock:
Give a yell if you need any info on any thing over here.
Peter.

spicergear

Hey Peter, I was down in NSW last fall and had a chance to see some of the countryside doing a little personal pilgrimage from Sydney to Broken Hill and Silverton area where they filmed the Road Warrior. I was hoping to catch the new filming but they had pulled out the week before I arrived. Darned two months of rain and green lush landscape doesn't go well with post-apocalyptic setting of the movie. I almost headed down to Melbourne after leaving Broken Hill but headed back to Sydney ...was supposed to head to New Zealand, but those plans got changed by the airline at the last minute. aua

Fun trip though...the Mad Max Museum was cool for people that know the movie inside and out and the owner was a wealth of MM information and fun guy to chat with.

droopypete

Welcome to you.You'll like this site,I know I do.They will help you with your :?:s
Thanks Blazerboy, I have been lurking for a while and can sense the friendly "vibe" in most of the posts, some forums can be rich in knowledge but also have a lot of attitude as well, Pirate for example, a fantastic site with many many great people and I have been there for 6 or 7 years but they can be brutal with forum new comers (and idiots:D) this seems very civil and laid back.
Peter.

droopypete

Hey Peter, I was down in NSW last fall and had a chance to see some of the countryside doing a little personal pilgrimage from Sydney to Broken Hill and Silverton area where they filmed the Road Warrior. I was hoping to catch the new filming but they had pulled out the week before I arrived. Darned two months of rain and green lush landscape doesn't go well with post-apocalyptic setting of the movie. I almost headed down to Melbourne after leaving Broken Hill but headed back to Sydney ...was supposed to head to New Zealand, but those plans got changed by the airline at the last minute. aua

Fun trip though...the Mad Max Museum was cool for people that know the movie inside and out and the owner was a wealth of MM information and fun guy to chat with.
You were certainly in the out back at Broken Hill, the pub at Silverton is "interesting" I work in the film industry and have shot there a few times, lots and lots of nothing, it is hard to realise how big this place is till you see country like that.

As you would know (being a fan) the Road Warrior films are called Mad Max over here, great films, I happened to work with Roger Ward who played Fifi the police chief in the Mad Max 1 great actor and a down to earth guy.

You need to see more of my country when next you get down here.
Peter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks