• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Nacogdoches TX - new owner of an M925A1 5 ton

mkupka

Hello all.This is my first post on this site. I have been a member for about 2 years and information I learned here inspired me to buy a 5ton truck. I picked up an M925A1 with 22K miles on it at auction. I had it picked up at Fort Hood and delivered to me. We have 163 Acres, and we have driven the truck about 6 or 7 times. My 11 year old son asks every day if he can drive the truck again :)I am a former paratrooper and never drove one of these in the Army despite having made many tailgate jumps from them :)I found a problem with the engine temperate gauge not working. I disconnected and reconnected the wires on the back of the gauge and it started working.I am currently troubleshooting a Failsafe warning and will post the specifics on that in a new thread later. I just wanted to say hello to everyone here.

Sportsman02

Hello from Victoria, Texas. I too, just bought my first 5 ton in April of this year, a M925A2. I had an issue with my failsafe warning device also, I got lucky and it turned out to be a bad ground. Good luck with troubleshooting.

Sportsman02

Welcome mkupka and Sportsman02 from Cypress. Sportsman02 are there many MV owner in the Victoria area? We may move down that way in the next year.

Thanks two.fiveM35, I haven't had much luck running into folks with MV's around here yet. Talking to the lady at the register's office a couple of months ago when I was getting my title, she mentioned the Sherriff's department, a local VFD, and a retired Marine were the only ones that had MV's in the county? I sure there's others. Let me know if you ever head this away and have a few minutes to visit sometime.

m715mike

North Houston? You living in Greenspoint now?
Okay, that gave me a good chuckle! The first thought that came to mind was that I do not own enough small firearms to live in Greenspoint. However, since I commute into downtown Houston daily for work, I still consider Montgomery (55 miles north) to be just north of Houston.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome to the site and the 5 ton club from Cape Cod, MA. I purchased my M923 back in April also and completed a lot of work (see some of my other posts). Am having a good time working on the truck and driving it so enjoy. Lots of good info on this site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks