• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help... 1008 and 1009 keep SNAPPING off starter studs!!!

bruno_rs

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help M1008 and M1009

surpdlr, the weasel looks like ALOT of fun. good luck and be well. thanks again for your help.

Michael

The AC=13G is the original equipment plug that is listed in the manual but it is obsolete. It was replaced by the AC-60G. You can go to GM part direct and plug in any 6.2 or 6.5 of any year and it will recommend the AC-60G. It is non swelling and current limited. While it is true that the 60g is not putting the exact same load across the voltage dropping resistor as the 13g, I believe that the current limiting feature of these plugs compensate for this.

beaubeau

BrunoRs Be sure to put that front bracket on with the starter. I have seen where instead of Studs breaking, the Casting would break off. I have had to go as far as having to Weld a starter in place because the casting broke and could not use a starter bolt again. Also, when working with Glo Plugs, be sure they all work, because they Cycle and if one is Bad. it wont cycle. Good Luck, Phil

bruno_rs

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help M1008 and M1009

beaubeau said:
BrunoRs Be sure to put that front bracket on with the starter. I have seen where instead of Studs breaking, the Casting would break off. I have had to go as far as having to Weld a starter in place because the casting broke and could not use a starter bolt again. Also, when working with Glo Plugs, be sure they all work, because they Cycle and if one is Bad. it wont cycle. Good Luck, Phil
thanks phil, i'll make sure i do what you suggest. i'm new to diesels... it may sound stupid but what is the best way to test individual glow plugs... could you elaborate? so glad i found this site, you guys really know your stuff... thanks again. have a good one.

surpdlr

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help M1008 and M1009

pa.rich said:
About the bolts . Are they studs with nuts on them? or just bolts? Are they grade 8? Anyways that gear must be going into the flywheel too far, hence the shims.What a way to find out tho.
They are listed on my web site:
01-227-9085 BOLT STARTER CUCV $2.50

http://www.flmv.net/FLMV-CUCV.htm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks