• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help at Ft. McCoy

Papamoose

I am new to Steel Soldiers and buying green iron, but I just received my EUC approval to pick up my M109A3 at Ft. McCoy. I am told there is a member in the area that might be able to help me make her road worthy to make the trip back to Montana. Does anyone know who in the area might be able to help?

dozer1

Not sure if you need to be told this but a good step to recovering that 109 right now would be to download the TM's and read read read. try and get a knowlegeable as you can before you take off. The brakes are key. Be a good idea to get a primary fuel filter and some DOT 5 fluid.. Download TM's here JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

rbktitan

Picked up deuce there a few weeks ago. Friendly staff. Brakes & Battery were dead as doornails. Oil pressure sending & fuel sending units also dead.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those trucks have been sitting for a long time, the last two I picked up had some fuel leak issues, better give it a good looking over before making a trip that far.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Send me a PM with your time table and I will see what I can do. Sorry to say my shop is 166 miles in the wrong direction. I also have to agree that as of late there have been a lot of air pack issues coming out of there and I have yet to pick one up that the batteries were any good. But if there is anything I can do to help another member out I will do what I can. As always the shop is open to any member that may need it.

dozer1

It could be interesting. I gotta agree with that. I have been in touch with papamoose and I am going to meet him there in the morning. I have a deuce there too that has needed to be picked up for awhile. Mine had no brakes when I went there the first time. Thats a long story but now I am going there with a new MC and my bleeder anyway. I also have many recovery tools that papamoose can use if he needs to. I hope my deuce hasnt got a bad airpack. I havent got a spare one of those.

I would haul it on my semi but the deuce has one of those funky homeade tin sheds on the bed which makes it taller then he11. I will update this thread tomorrow night. At least there is 2 of us + a chase vehicle and many tools. My place is 130 miles west of sparta, so we will both come here and more closely check out his deuce.

kennys@wi.rr.com

The last one was an air pack and I think it has to do with the time they have been sitting. When I opened up the air pack it was full of yellow cake batter looking stuff. Pretty much the same as if you take apart any air dryer after an air compressor. I almost was going to try to just clean it up and put it back together to see if it would work, but it was too much work to go through putting it on and taking it off again. Best of luck to both of you and if I can be of service please let me know.

camp9

I1. I will update this thread tomorrow night. At least there is 2 of us + a chase vehicle and many tools. My place is 130 miles west of sparta, so we will both come here and more closely check out his deuce.
That's a good thing, works out good for the both of you, good luck.

Camp

dozer1

Well it was a long day of deuce recovering. PM's truck had the usual dead batteries and a lil something else. A dead alternator. My truck took the longest to prepare as we tried to bleed the brakes first without the MC replacement. Got pedal pretty fast but the old MC was leaking like a sieve. This was GREAT NEWS as now I knew the MC was the offending part and not the airpack. Replaced the MC and bled brakes. Now that deuce has the best feeling brakes of all my trucks.:) There several recovery highlights that I would like to talk about but tonight I am just too tired. Maybe after a shower I will wake up a bit. Anyway PM took off from my farm around 8 or so after we robbed the alternator out of the my deuce that I just recovered today. We got him batteries at Fleet Farm in Rochester. Did alot of work on his deuce here at my shop. Tom and his son are nice people and I wish him the best of luck with his 109 on the way back to Montana. I got a couple of picks to post later tonight after shower...Dean

dozer1

Here is some shots of us and the trucks at Kwik Trip in Sparta. It was high time for a cold pop and some chips for the ride home. One little part of the trip that had me worried was we got off 90 to take 52 into Rochester to get those batteries at Fleet Farm. My truck died at the intersection and wouldnt start again. It read 1/2 tank but it was in fact empty. I had a 5 gallon can of diesel in the chase truck. Dumped it in and it fired up with just a few cranks! Is there something about the deuce that makes em start easy after running out of fuel? Wow what a relief that was.......got the trucks to Fleet and fueled them up!

Attachments

wikallen

I was just going to ask you when you were going back to get that thing. Glad you got back to the farm, and cool that you helped Tom get going. Good work Dean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks