• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Deuce won't run anymore

jasonjc

I can't believe some of you guys took this as a serious post.

I have owned a m35a2 deuce 1/2 not "Duce" since 1999. I know a little about how they operate. I made the post because I personally go crazy seeing all of the post here in regards to why my truck is running badly due running home made/ bio/ cooking oil or whatever. I know the trucks will burn lots of stuff but that is for emergency situations when diesel is not available. For most running this stuff eventually will cause problems.

also I get tired of "how fast can I make it go or how big of tire, what's the biggest motor questions Etc etc etc.

I know it's your truck so do what you want with it.

I suppose I just respect the vehicle for what it is. The longest serving mechanized tactical military vehicle in the history of the world.

The only positives I see is that in the future there should be plenty of parts trucks available after these guys who normally would have bought an old cheap pick-up finally discard their clapped out, blowed up old ex army truck.
I hear you and I was LOL with you the whole time.:driver:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I posted was true, well the part where Westy woke up at the Blue Oyster Bar was true.

:whistle:

welldigger

My local crawler shop did literally suggest I dump my drum brakes and switch to a pinion brake. Then they pulled out a brake rotor from a mazda truck and said it would work fine.

I don't think they appreciated my gratuitous laughter.

dangerfieldinc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been serching for that stuff from the neighbor to wash mufler with and just found out it was rotor wash from a flight line he worked at.

Dipstick

How fast will my Deuce go in reverse if I put my transfer case in neutral and take my foot off the brake on a hill? Does it matter if the engine is on or off? I run 11R-20s.

welldigger

How fast will my Deuce go in reverse if I put my transfer case in neutral and take my foot off the brake on a hill? Does it matter if the engine is on or off? I run 11R-20s.
Ah I see you discovered the secret to Georgia overdrive. The key to this simple maneuver is NOT being able to see where you are going.

iatractor

This was a pretty funny thread considering most are nothing but serious. For the first several posts, my mind was thinking "the aerial application of birth control did not work". Plus I thought that someone should confiscate the deuce and show him how it is done. Then I realized that the sarcasm was soak and saturated in multi-fuel humor. With that being said, I need to replace my metric crescent wrenches in my deuce with u.s. standards.

machinist75

Where's a good place to mount subwoofers in a deuce. Is there a milspec mounting kit maybe from a vender. How about a A-10 rear section as a spoiler?

Big Z

Make sure the clutch is in and close the front windshields. They have fuel-delivery safety switches. They can be tampered with but I recommend keeping the safety features. I had to get towed home 3 different times before I found this out.