• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help get the TM link back on line.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SS is still the premiere site for military iron. I have found none better.

But, I do have to say that the loss of the TM's availability to upload new manuals as well as download them is a big set back.

I hope we can get that link back up.

So I am going to donate some $ to the site to help.

WANT TO JOIN IN?

Torisco - M35A2C and M43B1

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am ignorant as to what has caused the problem with the TM link.

Just thought this might help the site if it was a case of expensive software or the likes.

And it is good thing to support the site anyway.

I certainly hope it is not a slacking issue...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The TMs were never migrated from the old site to this one. You would use the link to take you to the old site. Then the old site got a virus or corrupt and it got "turned off". I'm pretty sure Westech redid the TMs and sent them to Mangus but he has not added them back in. This is what I have HEARD, might not be factual, but I can't see any reason for them not to be back up. I do know others are willing to help, but the "rights" to add info has not been granted.

HTH.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a moderator, you can't believe how frustrating this is. We are certainly going from great to good and still spiraling.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a moderator, you can't believe how frustrating this is. We are certainly going from great to good and still spiraling.

I am in agreement with you, especially when there are numerous posts that are made to denegrate someone elses opinion instead of just stating the disagrement and reasons for differing (which is fine).

Instead, we get a mud slinging set of posts that do no one any good.

Just my humble opinion. (Watch the fireworks start!)

rlwm211

If you need TMs for the M35A2 you can get them from www.jatonkam35s.com

I also know that if you contact the webmaster you can ask for specific manuals or other information such as FMs and the like and if it is possible they will be added to the site.

RL

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's great that we can find the TMs at another site but would be even greater if they were available here again so you didn't need to GO to another site.

I have most of the ones I need downloaded on my computer with a back up on a flash drive but when the time comes that I might need one for something uncommon - like a S250 shelter for example - I'd like to be able to just click on the resources and go to it without having to seach a half dozen different sites.

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that would be great.. But it doesnt look like it will happen anytime soon. I go to LOGSA for my TM's. They are sure to have the latest changes.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also know that if you contact the webmaster you can ask for specific manuals or other information such as FMs and the like and if it is possible they will be added to the site.

RL
Really? As far as I know, the webmasters (Chris and Mike), are not adding TMs by request at this time.

You'd be better off starting a thread asking for a TM (if it can't be found in the links posted) and maybe one of the other members will have it in PDF. I know Kenny hooked me up with a genset engine manual like that.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It wont be long, and everyone will have forgotten that SS had TMs....

How embarassing...:oops:

Csm Davis

Hey guys I know it might start a crap storm but can we put the tm's back somewhere, I like that the cucv ones are on a sticky I had posted one myself and now I have lost all access to it.