• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP M35A3 TRUCK 510 miles from home

cessnatwin

get on the phone with saturn surplus or memphis equipment tell them you need ALL the seals, it is the very inner little seal that leaks, DO NOT buy zipper boots, because you will be in there and can slip a complete boot on and seal it up, it is not your wheel bearing seals that are leaking it is the inner shaft seal. NO BIG DEAL! When you get home the parts will be waiting for you. your wheel bearings will be fine. DONT pull anything apart or remove it unless your gonna fix it, its waisted effort. JUST FILL IT UP AND GO!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the length of time to reply... The number I gave for Terry is the one I used a month or so ago to speak with him. It should still be a good number. It is his shop number. I know he works late into the night. Perhaps, he gets to work late in the day or else you just caught him at a bad time. Good luck and keep us posted.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So far from Home but so close to the GA Rally! From what I've read there be enough talent and stuff there you could be fixed in no time. Seriously, checkout what Divemaster said. If you think that is it after a short run then head towards Bill W. and keep a watch on it. Don't burn yourself checking a hot differential. Ron
I am sure there will be someone there who could help you and I know we will have enough tools to do the job. If you so desire. There will be people on location as early as Wednesday. PM me with any issues.

:-D

DONAGUS

Anymore advice about driving home the 510 miles. Is there anything I need to look out for. How far should I drive before stopping and checking things. Your advice and comments would be appreciated. If you have experience repairing the A3 your comments would be Greatly appreciated.