• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me buy this deuce, problem ?

3dAngus

you guys are killing me with the prices you are throwing out. Where can I find a good running truck for $4,000? They are just not available in my area. I was lucky to get one for less then $6k. Show me.....
Know what you mean. They do come up from time to time. I bought a fair running deuce for $2500 two weeks ago, then a deuce with winch sold for $2700 just 13 miles from me at Robins AFB two days later. Go figure.

Dukeman

I guess part of it is the location. There is one on Craigslist here locally, $6,500. The inventory is just much higher out east, more bases, more deuces.

joshs1ofakindxj

There are 2 deuces on the Pittsburgh craigslsit right now for $8k a piece! Yikes! I know a guy near Altoona, PA selling 2 runnings trucks W/W for $4500 a piece. There is a big difference in price in a small area example for you.

Keep hunting!

I bought my truck from a private seller in Syracuse, NY last September for $4000 and I drove it 400 miles home.

ccf460

Ya know , I kinda wondered about that too. I have not seen the title, but he assures me the truck is tagged and titled, and my deuce knowledge is not strong enough to know any different. The flyer that is on the truck's window also says 1952, but it definitely looks like an M35A2. Could it be something else like an A1 or something?
****, now I am really confused!

Last edited:

ccf460

Cant read the data plate on the engine very well, but it says Hercules Multifuel and I was able to make out 134 h.p.. What engine is this? Hopefully not the LDS427. Hopefully the registration and the ser# matching definitely proves it is a 1952. Is this an M35A2?

ccf460

Why titled as a1952? The reg. matches the ser.# on the dash plate?
And why are the headlights at the bottom of the light area, instead of the top?Can this be reversed?
Any idea what engine this is?

Last edited:

3dAngus

Get under it on the passenger side framerail near the shock with a pocketknife and scrape paint if you have to. You might find the actual year there. Don't know about the lights. Maybe its not a m35a2. Does it look like they might have been moved? The radiator cover isn't helping. Maybe someone else will chime in with a more positive id.

ccf460

The cover is laced on, have not removed it yet. Will the year be stamped on the frame rail or another ser#?
Also, one of the interior data plate pics says "M35A2", interesting ? Thank you all for your continuing help.

crazywelder72

also i noticed the front valve cover seems to be leaking pretty bad unless thats coming from the manifold heater's pump up top. also looking behind the turbo you can see where that oil leak has run down the side of the motor.

maybe its nothing but it may be worth taking a closer look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks