• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP!!! Need Pulled Out of the Mud - (houston) Pasadena, TX

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went off road in a field in Pasadena (Houston-ish) area.

Ended up stuck pretty good. Thought my front axles were pulling but seems that they weren't even though I had the switch locked in.

SO - anyone want to come help give me a tug or have any ideas? I can't winch out because the winch is facing the wrong direction from the road and nothing is nearby to hook on to.

I estimate I am about 300 feet off a paved surface.

Anyone want to try and give me a pull?

Scott
281-753-5210

Last edited:

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the situation. Attaching a pic.

Open field and there is a small service road behind the truck that runs perpendicular to the direction the truck is facing.

Anyhoo - mostly its just a bad time to find out the front axles won't lock in. :mrgreen:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If worse comes to worse (or best to best) I might be able to help. I'm recovering my deuce next tuesday and might be able to make it out there wednesday. I'm sure more local able bodies will chime in here in a second.

Last edited:

TexMc

I know this ain't helping none, but I can't help ya today I got to work late tonight but possibly help tomorrow after work I don't have a big truck , bit I do have a strong back and a 3/4 ton truck pm me if ya need the help tomorrow where about a in stinka get down dens?

Alredneck

Banned
Man, all the TX folk!

Did you get it out, status report! Im in TN but my Dad lives in Sugarland, I keep telling him he need to take his pick of trucks and have one handy down there. His HOA would not be happy!

Barrman

Sorry I can't help either. I got family stuff going on and a recovery 100 miles the other direction.

I spent Chrstmas day at two different family events on different sides of Sugarland. Let us know the next time you are down here.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some cool pics for you all to point and giggle at. :)

I'm sure someone nearby wants to play. This thing is stuck good and the more I mess with it, the worse it gets. I put some wood blocks under the wheels and now its virtually immobilized.

:roll:

Attachments

gimaxx

is the duece still stuck?did you try attaching the hook behind the truck on a tree put it in low and use both the winch and low to back out of the mud?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is the duece still stuck?did you try attaching the hook behind the truck on a tree put it in low and use both the winch and low to back out of the mud?
I was thinking the same thing but hes in a clearing. Does a neighbor have a tractor or something heavy? You would just winch yourself out if you could get a large truck somewhat in range of the cable.

BTW, 8 points for style but 3 for the landing lol!

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in a field near my work. I was hoping someone here had something heavy (the six wheeled kind) they wouldn't mind parking somewhat in range of the cable. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks