• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help needed: Problems with a Steering Drag Link

gparkes

I have been working on my M923A2 for the better part of a year now. I finally have the vehicle ready to have it "Safety Inspected," a requirement for licensing in Missouri.

The inspection was quite thorough and enlightening. Overall, I believe my truck to be in good road worthy shape, with the one exception they found during the inspection. The inspector said the steering drag link's ball joint is bad. I didn't figure this was a big deal, nearly every other part I have needed has either been replaced with a direct military replacement or civilian equivalent. This is the one exception!

Steering Drag Link (NSN).jpgSteering Drag Link.jpg

(While these are not the latest TIs, this is the correct information, and I wanted to get this posted quickly, as I have been spinning my wheels so far.)

The item in question is #13, NSN 2560-01-101-0084. The newest TI calls the item a tie rod, however, drag link is the proper term.

I have found the NSN, but the item has previously sold. I saw on a post where someone lubricated the ball joint and tightened it down, but that doesn't address the issue if the ball joint has gone bad.

I figured that someone could use a threaded tie rod and add ball joints, however, I have been told this is a bad idea since it would effect the handling and cause wear to other parts.

Usually I am pretty good "Googling" a problem, but I cannot seem to find the resolution.

Can anyone help?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks