• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help NEEDED!!!!

rdally

Sorry sorry sorry cucv1833 I hope that I havent offended you or any one else for that matter. I have a real bad sense of hummor and got carried away.

PLEASE except my deepest apologies for any thing I may have said or done.

cucv1833

cucv1833 like I said before Im not the sharpest tool in the shed or is that to much for you to understand

Dont know why you are trying to fight with us were only trying to help. If you tell us your exact problems and symptoms and what you are trying to accomplish and also read the TM manuals to better understand we can solve the problem. I will no longer be helping you.aua

rdally

Cucvnut, thank you. I should have made it clear in the original posting that Im an idiot in a wheelchair and real need all the help I can get. I do appreciate your support and will be more specific with the details in the future.

And yes you are right although I drive one I did not do the major work on it. I just want to do my best and show my patriotism (in my own way) by restoring it to original condition (but with a few niceties that they did not come with eg a/c am fm radio you know that type stuff.

Hay again thank you and Im sorry about the Stupid questions but the only dumb question is the one you dont ask.

rdally

Ive enjoyed the talk and have had a great time but I hear my mom calling so im going to bed. LOL

as far as the radio im just like everyone else that asked before. dont want to spend up to 1000 and have the damded thing blow up [thumbzup] so i asked

but you have been a great asset to the site

Cucvnut

just run a power from the battery to a distribution block in the cab. then run a wire to the radio, ground the radio ( just make sure its turned off when your done driving the truck or it will drain the battery) and install speakers and run wires to speakers.

Oldsouthernboy

MY 2 cents is buy a chiltons, it will help you some of the common problems, not as clear as as a TM but it will help you through things. just a basic K5 blazer except for the dual voltage system and starter. Do a search and that helps, When the frustration level peaks, remember some time the problems is very simple, so start your problem with the simple steps first, it will save the frustration level a lot. I know from experience some time it best to walk away from the damm tool, drink a beer and take deep breath. Then the solution may as simple as looking at the trouble from a fresh view. I know for a fact it helps. Plus a cold beer any time helps.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're welcome!

Seriously, I got "spanked" too - so I pass my wisdom to you "Grasshopper"... and you'll learn who the "delta hotels" are (some who post in the CUCV section, but don't own one)...

Regardless, for all it's "quirks", this site is chocked full of CUCV info. Try to do a Google search for CUCV problems and many times you'll get "hits" that directs you right back to Steel Soldiers and your particular problem/issue.

Be advised that us CUCV owners are looked down by some of the "big truck" MV owners - maybe because the CUCVs are second in total postings after the Deuce guys...

:p
Sir, in reference to the highlighted part of the above quote, if you can find one post the would lead prudent sensible person to believe that CUCV owners are looked down upon, please post a link. If you do I will send you 5 free CUCV keys. I've been on this site for a while and this is the first I'm hearing this.

rdally, at the top of the CUCV forum is a FAQ Wiki. It answers a ton of newby questions.

Westy; behave!

OL AG '89

westy....

meds aren't working much anymore.....
try mixing alcohol and the little blue pills with the green and red stipes....
the colors will become spectacular as you slowly travel through your tortured life.....rofl

but yea it's getting old when the voltage question or part number question is asked BEFORE the TM's are engaged.......

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

Make sure you visit the Cucv Wiki - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite (CUCV Wiki) that is at the top of the page on the CUCV Forum. All of the CUCV Technical Manuals are listed and many other helpful bits of information.

Make sure you download the repair manuals. You can get then for free. A couple of our members have posted them on their websites.
Also the wiring diagrams are in the appendix of the -20 and -34 manuals.

JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

Also checkout the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html stickey. It is where we try to post helpful tips and tricks.

Almost every question you will have has been asked and answered many times. The advanced search will become your best friend. Please don't hesitate to ask something that you can't find.

Read the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual to find out how a stock system should work. It is simular to the Operators Manual for Civilian vehicles. It tells you where all the lighs, switches, etc are located and what they do.

Three of the most important tools you can buy are:

Voltmeter and know how to use it - ~$10 and up
12v Battery Charger - ~$50 for a decent one
Battery Load Tester - ~$30 for an okay one at Harbor Freight

And a word of advise. Being a newbie, keep your humor at check for awhile, until you become known to the group. We all have a sick sense of humor so you will fit right in.

And don't use CAPS in your thread title. Around here it is reserved for when someone is broken down on the road. It means EMERGENCY. This thread does not fit that criteria.

The site is different that any other on the web. We don't put up with foul language, politcal BS or talk about guns. Please read the forum rules. They change from time to time and you will find a few suprises in there.

So sit back, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Warthog

Last edited:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sir, in reference to the highlighted part of the above quote, if you can find one post the would lead prudent sensible person to believe that CUCV owners are looked down upon, please post a link. If you do I will send you 5 free CUCV keys. I've been on this site for a while and this is the first I'm hearing this.

rdally, at the top of the CUCV forum is a FAQ Wiki. It answers a ton of newby questions.

Westy; behave!
Hmm, not looking to start a fight between CUCVs and Deuces, but sent you a PM with one non-owning CUCV (Deuce owner though) lame, not helpful reply to a CUCV thread. Another guy uses CUCVs as wheel chaulks - "tongue in cheek" comment probably, but isn't favorable to us "little" MV owners...

Also what drives me to make my observation (above "comment") is so many non-CUCV owners (at least not stated in their profile/signature) seem to inject WAGs and "smackdowns" to the CUCV "newbies" including me ("newbie" here on SS, not as a CUCV owner)...

My point is, I don't own a "Deuce" (yet) and I sure as heck stay out of the Deuce forums as I have nothing of value to add to the collective pool of talent and wisdom on Deuce topics - yes, I know - free country and such - who is "he" to tell non-CUCV owners to stay away? Not me, that's for sure... :wink:

Don't worry about the CUCV keys - I already bought 4 from you off eBay... :razz:

Last edited:

CajunM35A2

I did not quite get that...

Its all 12V besides the starter and one prong on the fuse block...
Keep looking its all listed here over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over and over.
Is it:

and over over?
over over and?
or over and over?

I can feel his pain as a new guy. Some of the responses on here when I first joined were a tad.......disappointing. I guess that is the tuition for this website. That being said, many were helpful while politely pointing me toward other resources.

Not picking at you - - I am starting to feel your frustration, and have begun seeing repetitive questions too. It just is sort of funny when I see a post like this!

CajunM35A2

Deuces

My point is, I don't own a "Deuce" (yet) and I sure as heck stay out of the Deuce forums as I have nothing of value to add to the collective pool of talent and wisdom on Deuce topics - yes, I know - free country and such - who is "he" to tell non-CUCV owners to stay away? Not me, that's for sure... :wink:
There are two kinds of owners:

Those who have spent a bucket of money on repairs,

and

Those who will but do not yet know it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, not looking to start a fight between CUCVs and Deuces, but sent you a PM with one non-owning CUCV (Deuce owner though) lame, not helpful reply to a CUCV thread. Another guy uses CUCVs as wheel chaulks - "tongue in cheek" comment probably, but isn't favorable to us "little" MV owners...

Also what drives me to make my observation (above "comment") is so many non-CUCV owners (at least not stated in their profile/signature) seem to inject WAGs and "smackdowns" to the CUCV "newbies" including me ("newbie" here on SS, not as a CUCV owner)...

Don't worry about the CUCV keys - I already bought 4 from you off eBay... :razz:

Got it, replied to your PM and I started the poll you suggested. I'm just as curious as you about the outcome. If there is that preception, I'd like to make some changes to fix it if I can.

03silverado

I understand your pain rdrally there are alot of "oldheads" on the site that enjoy picking on newbies more new guys don't know that there are older posts about what your problem may be just let it roll off your back like water to a duck and just keep your head up you'll be alright for info though next time you go to post a problem type it into the new thread section and press enter before you type your problem and it will find older posts for you automatically good luck with your truck : - )

cucv1833

Sorry sorry sorry cucv1833 I hope that I havent offended you or any one else for that matter. I have a real bad sense of hummor and got carried away.

PLEASE except my deepest apologies for any thing I may have said or done.

Look no worries just have to calm down so we can help solve your problem in one of your post you asked about a radio and A/C i did a search for you and heres 2 good threads on this. if you have other questions you can do a search for them. If you dont find what your looking for then ask a question. Read all the info in WARTHOGs post thats everthing you need to know right there. Im far from a Cucv expert but im learning everyday and thats the fun of it.

good luck[thumbzup]

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/41889-m1009-stereo-install.html?highlight=stereo

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/45642-od-iron-ac-install-ac-novice.html?highlight=Radio+install

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks