• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP - Newbie in over his head

rjinga

Help! I've got the driver door off my '85 M1009 (unbolted door from hinges), so that I could get to the hinge pin more easily to replace the bushings. But it looks like the pin has some sort of flange on the bottom?

How do I get the pin out?

Ripcord01

I use the tool designed to remove the pins. It named a hammer and a chisel followed by your favorite cold beverage and a few curse words..Watch the fingers when using hammers.[thumbzup]

waayfast

UUHHH! Dang! too late kinda--------whenever working on door hinges on a vehicle,if you take a pencil(pen works too) and scribe the outline of the hinge before removing the door it will make getting the door installed a LOT easier.With scribing you just put it where it belongs and tighten the bolts.Without scribing you may be ALL day and a shop full of bad words trying to get the door to line up so it shuts correctly and it does'nt whistle at highway speed.

Vet89

" HELP - Newbie in over his head "

I feel like that often! Bless the folks here - reading the posts in this site leaves me amazed at the skill and expertise of members here and* that they are willing to give advice. /slaute

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks