• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP - Newbie in over his head

rjinga

Help! I've got the driver door off my '85 M1009 (unbolted door from hinges), so that I could get to the hinge pin more easily to replace the bushings. But it looks like the pin has some sort of flange on the bottom?

How do I get the pin out?

Ripcord01

I use the tool designed to remove the pins. It named a hammer and a chisel followed by your favorite cold beverage and a few curse words..Watch the fingers when using hammers.[thumbzup]

waayfast

UUHHH! Dang! too late kinda--------whenever working on door hinges on a vehicle,if you take a pencil(pen works too) and scribe the outline of the hinge before removing the door it will make getting the door installed a LOT easier.With scribing you just put it where it belongs and tighten the bolts.Without scribing you may be ALL day and a shop full of bad words trying to get the door to line up so it shuts correctly and it does'nt whistle at highway speed.

Vet89

" HELP - Newbie in over his head "

I feel like that often! Bless the folks here - reading the posts in this site leaves me amazed at the skill and expertise of members here and* that they are willing to give advice. /slaute